EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/11 07:03 AM Posted 30/01/11 07:03 AM (edited) Kiwanis 20th All Ford Day 2011 Updates will be posted in this first post and the itineray may change over time as necessary - so please check back regularly on this first post - but I need to know your intentions ASAP as cut off date for pre-registration is this coming Fri 4 Feb DATE: Sunday 20 February 2011TIME: Depart 7:30am from meet point.MEET: 7:30am Shell servo just before Westgate Bridge to cruise up to Deakin Uni at Waurn Ponds just outside of Geelong.Also, will be meeting Rudiger and Rockatansky near Werribee (C109 overpass at end of Maltby Bypass) and WEPNXR just near Waurn Ponds.DESCRIPTION: Kiwanis are holding their 20th annual All Ford Day this year and I know a lot of you would really like to show off pride and joys. Now you can just go for the display and not be in the judging, but it doesn't cost any extra to enter to be judged (and I know a lot of you put a lot of work in making your rides show quality). So hoping we can make up the numbers There are 10 spots on the arena set aside for us. Cost is $20 per car which includes entry and parking in the centre show arena for the whole day - and also included judging entry if you wanted to have your car judged in one of the categories (see the attachments below for the categories).Last time we had a tent, chairs, table, genset and so on, but found that most members wanted to wander around the vast oval checking out the other cars - so this time, I ain't planning on anything that extravagent - I may make up a sign for each car to put on your windscreens to let admirers know you are part of the FordXR6Turbo forum but that's about it.Just need to be on the grounds setup by 9:30am (parked). You don't need to leave your car unlocked and bonnet up - only need to do that if you are entering to be judged. Your cars are left in the centre arena at your own risk - so try to let someone know you are leaving your car if you leave the bonnet up etc and want to go for a gander at the other exhibits. Just a side note too, if you do park your car in the centre arena with us - you won't be able to move your car out until after 2:30pm that day (just due to the crowds wandering around making it difficult to get your car out of the display area).See registration forms below. But just let me know via posting up and/or PM if you want to show your car and we can go from there - I'll co-ordinate the registration so will need some personal details from you (requested by Kiwanis). You will be able to pay for your spot by direct bank deposit into an account I will PM you. Cost again is $20 per pre-registered car - no limit on number of passengers per car (but let's not put people in the trunks like going to the drive-inn ) It's $25 entry on the day - but better that we pre-register so we are guaranteed spots in the centre display arena.Here's the website http://www.allfordday.org.au/ so you know it's all official Allan Moffat will be there between 2-3pm and Jim Richard will be most of the day.Here's where it is at Waurn Ponds Deakin Uni campus"Here are the forms to look at - but like mentioned - if you're interested I'll co-ordinate the pre-registration. If you want to enter the judging though - please submit your own forms in for that yourselves as you know your car best Judging Class List 2011 Judging Class List 4 Sept.docJudging Criteria 2011 Judging Criteria 4 Sept.docPre-Registration Form 2011 Show Car Preregistration Form 4 Sept.docHere's a vid of the last one we did in 2008 ROUTE: Up the Geelong Freeway in a line or rumbling XRs BRING:CBs recommended - but not so necessary on this cruise.Definitely a camera RULES:1. Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no speeding, no overtaking over double lines (no matter how safe you think it may be), etc...2. There is a designated cruise leader who will lead the way and set the correct pace for all cruise members.3. Use the Buddy system - always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn to make sure nobody gets lost.4. CB Radios - if you don't have one, follow the maps and directions given out. It is highly recommended to have CB as it enhances the enjoyment of the cruise being able to hear about road hazards and join in on the social chatter.5. Please turn up to the meeting points with a sufficient fuel in your tank and enough time before the departure time.6. By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, it's Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Controllers, or Owner responsible / liable for any damage and / or grief sustained (simply; you are responsible for your own actions).Here's the info sheet sent to me by Kiwanis showing daily program, how to get there and maps of show area:Kiwanis All Ford Day Sunday 20 February 2011.pdfCRUISE LIST: :(for parking in the centre shine and show centre arena)1. EvilDaifu (paid)2. Rockatansky (paid)3. WEPNXR (paid)4. Jman (paid)5. Rudiger (paid)6. t6xr (to pay)7. Dillz (I need to check)8. deek (to pay)9. (open)10.(open)Maybes and Not Pre-Registered by EvilDaifu:Boosted1 (flying down to Melbourne and may meet us there)lukedohc (cruising up with us but not parking in the centre arena)Everyone is welcome (though if you are joining us in the centre arena display area - it needs to be a Ford) and it's a good way to meet your fellow Ford enthusiasts from around Australia and enjoy the rush of rumbling through in a line of XRs Edited 18/02/11 02:24 AM by EvilDaifu
lukedohc Legacy Donating Member 141 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Posted 30/01/11 07:33 AM Posted 30/01/11 07:33 AM I'll come for the cruise up but I don't wanna enter I'll probley look around and leave at my own pace
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/11 07:30 PM Author Posted 30/01/11 07:30 PM Thanks mate Just wanted to emphasize - I'd like to know soon anyone's intentions of coming along as we have to pre-register. It's not big deal being in the centre arena by the way. It's like parking your car in huge parking lot So if anyone is worried their ride aint up for it - it's more than likely in better show condition than mine (my spoiler's got paint peeling of it - I plan to make use of some cut'n'polish on the day ). But there's nothing like being in the thick of it if you know what I mean - so c'mon - don't be shy and $20 bucks up front is cheaper than paying $25 on the day
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Posted 31/01/11 02:05 AM Posted 31/01/11 02:05 AM I dare say I will bring my ute, and my mate will have his. providing it can survive a trip from brisbane
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/01/11 07:00 AM Author Posted 31/01/11 07:00 AM Thanks mate Really need more poeple to confirm if they are attending - I'd hate to give up the places that Kiwanis have graciously reserved for us. It's a great day everyone - like aussie Ford nirvana
lukedohc Legacy Donating Member 141 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Posted 31/01/11 07:36 AM Posted 31/01/11 07:36 AM I would be more than happy to put it in there if I didn't have a massive scratch on my back bumper I'm sorry but everytime I look at my car and see it it puts me down
lukedohc Legacy Donating Member 141 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Posted 31/01/11 07:41 AM Posted 31/01/11 07:41 AM its my first half decent car only had it for 3 months so I'm a bit anal with it still I'm saving the cash for a respray and probley need more decal
Rockatansky Member 591 Member For: 16y 5m 21d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/11 11:01 AM Posted 31/01/11 11:01 AM (edited) Count me in the centre show arena for this one,I'll pick up the convoy as it passes under the Werribee Main Road Bridge.Drop me a PM and I'll transfer the cash after pay day.Cheers and thanks for organising the gig! Edited 31/01/11 11:02 AM by Rockatansky
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 31/01/11 12:31 PM Posted 31/01/11 12:31 PM I'm already displaying with another group. Otherwise I'd be in with you guys.
t6xr Member 826 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: MELB STH EAST Posted 31/01/11 05:50 PM Posted 31/01/11 05:50 PM Put me in mate, pm me the details for the payment, cheers...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now