Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

I have a problem and need peoples thoughts...

on one side I have a 2008 FPV Typhoon F6 R-spec with leather seats prem sound etc etc the whole lot with standard engine for a listed price of $46k (that needs working on ;) )

BUT on the other side I am searching for:

an 07/08 BF MK II turbo in shockwave blue with lux pack and premium sound which I will then get tuned and modded with: fuel pump, injectors, perf sparkys, race intake, big cooler (basically a process west kit apart from plenum) and a tranny cooler at this stage. Im not 100% sure on what power I would be looking at @ 12psi.

What are your thoughts?? On one hand I could spend ALOT of money on a collectable as only 300 made then tune it which is more $$ or spend less and buy the other then tune.......What should I do?

The worst part of this is the misses is trying to make me get the r-spec :D

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Ild go the r spec, it will hold it's value better on the long term.

what are you looking at paying for the Bf?

  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
:stupid:
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Nup go the XRT, the one you described is basically a Phoon without brembo's and a fancy bodykit. And for the price you will pay for the R-Spec you will probably be able to get the XRT to 350+.

The R-Spec will never be sort after "collectible", they will hold there value slightly better then a standard XRT but that's it. If money isn't an issue go the F6.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

R-spec - $40k buy (or near as they want 46k) + mods later on

xr6t - $28k plus 10k mods = 38k with hoipefully a power level of around 330kw

But with the R-spec I would sell the wheels as I would prefer the dark agents on it(probably have to be originals damit $$$). Gauges would also be sold too. A little money back I guess

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Wheres the XRT? Should be able to pick one up for 25/26. And 10k should get you to 350 I would think.

Thought about an FG? I drove an F6 then an FG XRT straight after and there was no comparison, the only thing the F6 had going for it was it's brakes.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted (edited)

get a FG xrt, the r-spec looks the goods but I wouldnt pay that much, you can buy FG f6's for $46K

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/pls/unique/!unique_content.enquiry?current_rec=2&page_number=1&vehicle_id=8147053&total_rec=6&sort_type=1&keywords=fg f6&photo_flag=1

Edited by XR64LT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

Havent found a xr6t yet still hunting for it. If I going to tune it and keep it for awhile I need to find the one I want that's why it like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Thing is with xr6t I would need to upgrade brakes as well to get cert here in NZ.... BF2 xr6t cars are going for around $28k here then I got suspension..r-spec suspension is meant to be alot better....

not too interested in FG, wanted a BF2 because of the phoon parts in it. Nice car + powerful + realible.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

would you pay 40k (NZ) for an r-spec phoon?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...