silverman Member 121 Member For: 20y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/12/10 08:35 AM Posted 08/12/10 08:35 AM Hi all,I gotta FG F6 310 6 spd manual and she has 3000kms on it. I have noticed when I start her up in the morning and let it warm up a bit for a minute or two, that when I take off it hesitates and "misses" for the first few 100 mtrs when going through the gears. Actually it feels like you are about to run out of petrol.It even does this when I get back in the car in the middle of the day after sitting there for a few hours. Its not bad but its noticeable and comes good shortly after.Now I had a modded XR6T BA auto and never had this issue, even when it was stock. The F6 has had its 1000km courtesy check and I havent changed the oil yet and car has no mods other than a Mal Wood short shifter and Kings lowering springs.Any thoughts ?
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/12/10 09:26 AM Posted 08/12/10 09:26 AM Bad fuel? Blocked filter?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/12/10 09:28 AM Posted 08/12/10 09:28 AM Has cold?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 08/12/10 09:31 AM Posted 08/12/10 09:31 AM I have noticed that FG's 6's and 8's seem to have some intial running issues when cold, it's almost like they are too lean when cold to accelerate smoothly, possibly to do with emission regs etc, normally only happens for the first acceleration
Kv! Legacy Donating Member 1,132 Member For: 16y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 08/12/10 10:32 AM Posted 08/12/10 10:32 AM Yeh I had this issue occasionally with the original oil Ford used, after using Castrol edge 10/60, haven't experienced it since. Could be sh*t fuel?Mick, what are your thoughts of fuel atm? I remember Bel saying something about how she went through a few bad batches of BP? Mobil still on top?
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 08/12/10 11:03 AM Posted 08/12/10 11:03 AM Mine does it. Just means its not warmed up.
fpr000 Member 107 Member For: 17y 5m 29d Posted 10/12/10 10:43 PM Posted 10/12/10 10:43 PM (edited) Are you getting up it? if so sounds like a traction control issue......but otherwise Edited 10/12/10 10:43 PM by fpr000
Roof Member 213 Member For: 18y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth | Busselton Posted 11/12/10 03:04 AM Posted 11/12/10 03:04 AM (edited) short shifter - don't you like the factory? I thought it was pretty spot on for stock, my old VE GTS had a rip shifter and the F6 gearbox from factory shat on it Go the lowest King springs for it, there is plenty of pics on here to check out, I went SL and SSL and wish it was a bit lower Cant say I had the issues your describing when my car was stock from new or even after I've had it tuned. How much throttle application are you using when the problem occurs? Edited 11/12/10 03:07 AM by Roof
Grug Member 1,318 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Posted 11/12/10 07:10 AM Posted 11/12/10 07:10 AM (edited) My BF does the exact same thing, only for the initial acceleration then its fine. Edited 11/12/10 07:12 AM by Grug
silverman Member 121 Member For: 20y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/12/10 08:16 AM Author Posted 12/12/10 08:16 AM short shifter - don't you like the factory? I thought it was pretty spot on for stock, my old VE GTS had a rip shifter and the F6 gearbox from factory shat on it Go the lowest King springs for it, there is plenty of pics on here to check out, I went SL and SSL and wish it was a bit lower Cant say I had the issues your describing when my car was stock from new or even after I've had it tuned. How much throttle application are you using when the problem occurs?Much prefer the Mal Wood shifter, just more precise than the factory one which was pretty good but this one is just one step up. Yeah I am going to put SSL and SSSL on this week as it needs to go down further.Hesitation only on initial acceleration. I take it easy when leaving home so I am not up it. Its not bad and comes good afetr a few gear changes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now