Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 14/11/10 05:41 AM Posted 14/11/10 05:41 AM Hi Guys. Just fitted some Kings to the the front of my BF II. They are KFFL 57, the super low. The car now looks like its on stilts.It should be lower obviously. I had standard height kings in and we compared the 2 and the new ones were actually longer than the old.Any one had this issue? Am I missing something?I'd normally ask my guru Pat but its a Sunday and hes not at work.
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 14/11/10 05:53 AM Posted 14/11/10 05:53 AM Nah man. You've got the wrong springs in it.You've put a BA-BF1 spring in it.The BF2's have a different shocker which needs a different spring.Trust me I went the other way and this is what the front of my car looked like... lol.
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/11/10 08:29 AM Posted 14/11/10 08:29 AM Pretty sure you need a KFFL-40SSL
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/11/10 09:53 AM Posted 14/11/10 09:53 AM Craig, the 'LOW' spec spring for your car are:Front: KFFL-53SSLHDRear: KFRL-68SSL/310There's no listing in the catalogue for super lows to suit a BF MkII. But, the springs they've given you are super lows for the BA/BF MkI's.To add to the confusion even more they've stuffed up their main catalogue and put the wrong part numbers in for the low BF MkII springs.
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 14/11/10 11:33 AM Author Posted 14/11/10 11:33 AM Yeah that's what I thought. I knew Pat wouldnt have lead me wrong. It looks like Kings have lead him wrong. I checked all the part numbers and they all matched.The rears are in and they are the SSL and look the goods. A little thincker and an extra coil.Actually the rears I have Adam are KFRL 68 SSL 380. Just taking it for a drive now.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/11/10 12:18 PM Posted 14/11/10 12:18 PM I think the 380 means a stiffer spring rate...
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 14/11/10 11:02 PM Posted 14/11/10 11:02 PM Jman that looks tuff, lower it again ya fairy!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/11/10 03:11 AM Posted 15/11/10 03:11 AM A bit of backwards engineering going here fellas - never fear, the situation is under control!
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 15/11/10 01:13 PM Author Posted 15/11/10 01:13 PM All good. All fixed. Thanks to Rusty for coming over AGAIN!!!Bloody Pat. Makes ya worry and then you find out he was right all along.Car looks good. Will look better when they settle. Ass isnt dragging on the ground.Get a wheel alignment to morrow so handling should be A1. Its great now though.Thanks for all your advice everyone.Thanks Pat. I sent you an email. Excuse the poor quality phone pic.
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 15/11/10 01:21 PM Author Posted 15/11/10 01:21 PM It may not look that low, but if you saw it before, it looked like it was on stilts. That was my choice though. I opted for the standard height springs before I knew better. I think you tried to tell me Pat but as usual, I'm a goose.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now