Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Well the BOV on the vehicle as standard isnt right next to the throttle body so you are still going to have air standing still between the bov and tb. But if you read what was being said which was when recirculating definitely cold side but when dumping the air why not the hot side. And the air will always be flowing towards the engine unless you have no bov at all.

Not trying to argue about it mate but the factory BOV plums right beside the TB... in fact it couldn't really get any closer to the TB...

  • 8 months later...
  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have been thinking about mounting a 2nd blow off valve as I have a spare bosch bov lying around.

It could be mounted on the cold side in the front bar vented or on the hot side. I can keep it vented and not worry about the boys in blue looking under the hood as it will be fitted in behind the front bar. It will cost me only the rubber hose to do it and a six pack.

My aim is to stop all flutter while I am running on 17psi. I think 2x25mm bov's should work ok.

Where would be the best location for the 2nd bov on the hot side or the cold side?

Also how important is it to keep the pilot air line as free and short as possible. I mean can the length play a "big factor" in response to it opening the valve?

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Opposite the first one would be my guess.

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yeah I know what you mean.... I guess I should have asked best location not under the hood..I dont wanna have 2 of them under the hood it will just create the question of why not just get 1 big 1 ya povo..haha I plan on doing this for virtually nothing is all but still wanna keep the junk out from under the hood.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Two stocker plumbed back might work well and if you place then right might not look like bovs anymore? Worth a shot.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)

I ended up fitting the turbosmart knock off bov in the front bar on the hot side piping and fitted the stocker bov on the cold side plumbing back to the drivers side intake. Now if I jump off (17psi) boost there is no flutter and its actually fairly quiet which I like.

Now I just wanna quieten down the intake noise. All that can be heard is the suction noise which is pretty noisy.

I was thinking of using that stuff they rap around ac A/C compressors to line the walls surrounding the pod... should do the trick....??

Turbo badge is off. Just the big decision of painting the cooler black or not haha

Love having V8's pull up beside me and thinking HA! just a poxy six I'll show him.. :onthequiet:

Edited by Kroozin
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Well your already going to allot of effort you'd have to paint the cooler wouldn't you?

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

You could dyna mat the inside of the air box too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...