Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Hey guys, I've replaced my front rotors with DBA4000's today, and just gave the old ones a little love tap with a soft faced hammer to remove them, now I'm onto the rear, and I have removed the caliper, but can't get them to budge...

Here's the thing, I mis-hit and hit the edge of the rotor with the metal handle and have dinted the rotor, so there is not going back now :censored:

Do I have to undo anything to do with the hand brake? or are they just being stubborn, and I need to be more forceful???

Any held ASAP would be GREAT, as the car is on a stand and I kinda need it tomorrow to get some new tyres fitted, lol.

Cheers in advance. :beerchug:

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 3m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted

They're stubborn to get off. The shoes sometimes catch. Just keep at it with the hammerometer.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Cheers, so there is nothing to worry about with the hand brake? I only realised today out of default I don't actually know how the hand brake connects to the rear rotor... no time like the present to learn, lol.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Oh, by the way, it's a BF1 running standard size BF1 brake package (I think it's called PBR2, I think)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

You do have the handbrake off thou right?

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'd say you need a bigger hammer spoton.gif

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

smash the crap out of em they dont like cumming off bubble wrap might help :censored::beerchug:

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

Hey Matt, be careful with that hammer lol

Ok on the rears. First chock your front wheels, so the car cannot roll.

When you take the rear wheels off and look at the hub. You will see a rubber gromet or just a hole in the hub, just a bit bigger than a ten cent piece.

Make sure you have the front stable and the thing out of gear and the hand brake off. Turn the hub till you see the hand brake pretensioner in the hole. It's at 7 on an FG. I believe 5 on a BA/BF. You will see the wheel you have to turn to release the brake off a bit. Just a flat blade screw driver to turn it.

The hubs should come off much easier now. Give them a good scrub with emery cloth and a spray of some good rust inhibitor before you put them back on.

Edited by XR09
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis
Posted

mine were very tough to get off gave the hub a good bath in WD40 and some light grit sand paper to try get some of the rust off. Ended up being a 2 person job 1 man on a pry bar putting some pressure against the rotor then kept belting it with a soft hammer much easier with the pry bar helping :)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Sooooo, it's all done.

Now I have to pull the rear wheels off again, the calipers off again, and the rotors off again... I didn't line up the hand brake adjuster!!! F-A-R-K-I-N-H-E-L-L-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on a side note the car looks tough as with the new 19's on it and a set of slotted DBA4000's all round :beerchug:

Oh, and Jeturbo, I didn't need bubblewrap, lol. just BRUTE STRENGTH, (and a pry bar).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...