jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 13d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 09/09/10 07:52 AM Posted 09/09/10 07:52 AM Hi All,I am currently looking to trade in or privately sell my BFII Typhoon which is in great condition and has 131,000km on it, yes quite high but it is a work vehicle. And I am absolutely gob smacked at the trade in dealers are offering, between 18k-20k max, I have it privately listed as well for $27990 which I though was pretty reasonable but no takers. For those of you who are selling similar vehicles is this where the market is at? or am I expecting too much?Any thoughts would be appreciated.Cheers,Scott
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 09/09/10 08:12 AM Posted 09/09/10 08:12 AM nah you should get that for it. maybe its just timing?
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 09/09/10 08:24 AM Posted 09/09/10 08:24 AM Price sounds great and you should tell rhem they can shove that trade in up there as, I got 17k for my 04 xr6t 6-7 months ago after haggling on the price. But 130000+ kms is a little daunting.
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 13d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 09/09/10 08:28 AM Author Posted 09/09/10 08:28 AM (edited) Cheers guys, it's so bizarre, I traded an 04 XR6T to get the typhoon and got 22K for it, don't figure! It definitely doesn't encourage you to buy another FPV or even an Aussie made vehicle. Edited 09/09/10 08:39 AM by jasper361
gregor Member 459 Member For: 18y 1m 8d Posted 09/09/10 08:37 AM Posted 09/09/10 08:37 AM I'm selling a car too and its really quiet. I think its the timing, another mate has a BA XT and even at the cheaper end of the scale he hasnt had any calls at all. Just a crappy time to be selling.
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 13d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 09/09/10 08:44 AM Author Posted 09/09/10 08:44 AM (edited) I agree, that's why I thought the dealers would be keen to do a deal but they're more than happy to let you walk out the door, I guess some things are out of our control! Edited 09/09/10 11:46 PM by RHR No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/09/10 08:42 PM Posted 09/09/10 08:42 PM They want to do a deal... They just don't want to be stuck with cars they can't sell... Or sell at a bit of a margin...
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Location: Perth WA Posted 09/09/10 09:53 PM Posted 09/09/10 09:53 PM must be the kms that are killing its value.. I recently sold my 05 BA F6 with 61K kms to a dealer for about 30k on the dot, no trades or anything just a direct sale.. tyres were stuffed and only option was the chunky FPV wheel
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 09/09/10 10:37 PM Posted 09/09/10 10:37 PM (edited) Just an idea mate but If you mention FREE SHIPMENT TO ANY STATE.. for the price your requesting..The most it will cost you is 1000 bucks..yet when you ship the car, you will refund your rego.Another thing to consider is sometimes it also takes that extra special photography shots within the add to make it more appealing..oh and also, good luck! Edited 09/09/10 10:38 PM by 4DZILR
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 10/09/10 04:19 AM Posted 10/09/10 04:19 AM nice tip there 4dzilr!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now