f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 16/08/10 04:24 AM Posted 16/08/10 04:24 AM Here you goOXYGEN SENSOR / O2 SENSOR - 4 WIRE FORD SENSOROXYGEN SENSOR / O2 SENSOR - 4 WIRE FORD SENSOR - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Sep-10 08:58:07 AEST)
pelagonia_F6 Member 48 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/08/10 06:54 AM Author Posted 16/08/10 06:54 AM (edited) Thanks mate, what brand is this? Was after the bosch one.. Edited 20/08/10 06:11 AM by Buf-Phoon quote removed
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 17/08/10 02:08 AM Posted 17/08/10 02:08 AM I doubt it is the oxy sensor after that little chestnut..is your blow off valve leaking? 'wastegate failure' means that air ain't doing what it is meant to. your probably losing sh*t loads of air out somewhere in the intake... like where you have modified it. the ECU is probably completely lost.
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 17/08/10 03:44 AM Posted 17/08/10 03:44 AM CHECKED AND FOUND BLOW OFF VALVE MODIFIED AND REAR TYRES SCRUBBED. (LOL)That is why you have high fuel consumption.
pelagonia_F6 Member 48 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/08/10 10:32 AM Author Posted 17/08/10 10:32 AM Guys, I haven't touched the blow off, I bought the car at 15,000kms and the original owner had a turbosmart BOV on there which was changed back to the factory one when I bought the car.. what can I do about this to fix it?
pelagonia_F6 Member 48 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/08/10 06:32 AM Author Posted 18/08/10 06:32 AM Car is booked in at the dealer again for next week.. What are my chances of them finding and fixing the problem?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/08/10 07:16 AM Posted 18/08/10 07:16 AM So did they do anything about the wastegate failure code that was logged?I just assumed by your report back with the "(LOL)" that you were admitting to driving it flat-out all the time. Is that not the case?At gentle throttle the FG barely sips the fuel, but plant the foot and they drink like there's no tomorrow.
pelagonia_F6 Member 48 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/08/10 07:21 AM Author Posted 18/08/10 07:21 AM (edited) Hey mate,No they reckon they reset it all and it was fine once reset, unfortunately I wasn't there to pick the car up that day because I had work commitments and the mrs picked it up and no I don't drive it flat out all the time, Ive been driving like a grandpa for the last few weeks and haven't managed to get it below 16liters/100.. Edited 20/08/10 06:10 AM by Buf-Phoon quote removed
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 18/08/10 08:46 AM Posted 18/08/10 08:46 AM Dont drive it COMPLETELY like a grandpa.When accelerating get it onto boost, like 3000rpm, and use that to accelerate not the revs.I found that a better way to save fuel but not by much.Just remember these cars around town aint gunna get 10l/100k'sEspecailly if you only drive 10k's from startup which is what my missus does so fuel economy does suffer.
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/08/10 09:07 AM Posted 18/08/10 09:07 AM My BF averages around 22L/100k's. I thought something was wrong with it, as when I first bought it, it was drinking hardly anything...then after around a month fuel economy gradually went downhill. Turns out it was the way I drove it (mainly short distances around town). I've been told the best way to get good fuel economy back is to go for a really long drive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now