-
Posts
48 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by pelagonia_F6
-
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Just heard from Ford and the news is that the tailshaft broke.. This is the 2nd time that it has happened as the first owner basically drove out from the dealership when he first picked it up and the tailshaft went. Hopefully this time I get the updated tailshaft so that there wont be a problem again.. Just out of curiosity how do these things break so easy on the fg's? -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Dropped it off to ford today. Hopefully its a quick fix!! -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Nah its really loud. Its like a really loud tumbling noise, but the car drives fine in every gear -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Just went under the car mate, every single bolt is tight as can be.. Should I be calling ford like now?? -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
OK mate will have a look soon.. What do I do if they indeed are loose? -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Yes mate, its still there.. It sound like theres a massive rock jumping around in my gearbox -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
In gear, any rpm, gets louder the faster I go, even does it in reverse. When I completely stop it goes away -
Noise Coming From Xr6 Turbo Ute Manual Help Needed
pelagonia_F6 posted a topic in Driveline Workshop
Hey guys, Tonight I got my first ever problem from my fg xr6 turbo ute, was just driving along and then out of nowhere I hear this really loud tumbling noise coming from the gearbox. It drives fine in every single gear but this noise just gets louder the faster I go and it goes away when I come to a complete stop.. Any ideas? The car has only got 24,000kms and is under warranty.. -
Hey fellas, I have been toying with the idea of getting 20 inch Dark Argent wheels painted shadow chrome for my ute.. Opinions on whether it would look good or not? I cant really imagine it haha.. Cheers Dark Argents Shadow Chrome wheels
-
Fg Xr6T Ute 6 Speed Manual - Getting Tune Done
pelagonia_F6 replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in General Tech
Yeh thanks fellas... My nephew has a manual BF with similar mods and reckons ill have massive traction issues if I go to run it lol Clutch will stay stock for now as I doubt the car will make over 305rwkw. If it goes it goes. -
Hey guys, Have decided I need more power.. My FG ute had plenty of power when I picked it up in June but is now a bit "meh"... Got these mods lined up in the next month or so: > Custom Tune > Nizpro Injectors > 5" Cat > Thermostat > Process West Driver side air box >Battery Relocation >Herrod Piping I'm thinking 300rwkw should be achievable with these mods? Thoughts? Also, down the 1/4 without slicks.. In a manual what do you guys think would be a gettable time? Cheers
-
Xr6 Turbo For P-Plater <Merged Topic>
pelagonia_F6 replied to jEtONiT's topic in General Automotive Talk
I have a FG XR6 Turbo ute, its not me lol, its a person I know I didnt say hes a mate -
Xr6 Turbo For P-Plater <Merged Topic>
pelagonia_F6 replied to jEtONiT's topic in General Automotive Talk
Tell me about it. He is the most clueless person I have ever met, what could happen to him? I mean can he even register it? and what happens if he gets busted? He said hes going to take off the turbo badge -
Xr6 Turbo For P-Plater <Merged Topic>
pelagonia_F6 replied to jEtONiT's topic in General Automotive Talk
I know someone who is on green p's and is ripping out a $40,000 loan to purchase a 2nd hand FG XR6 Turbo. Just wondering, will vic roads let him register it in his name or not? and what happens if he is caught driving it? Cheers fellas -
that's very cheap mate am very jealous.
-
sh*t that's cheap as! ive searched the forum and theres so many different prices coming up for these bonnets its not funny..
-
Hey guys, am looking to buy an xr8 bonnet for my ute and Ive found one on ebay... Its silhouette and the price is 1500.. Do you guys reckon that's a realistic price? Do they really go for 1850 unpainted from ford? Would it work out cheaper to buy it from ford and then have it painted? this is the link by the way: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FG-FALCON-XR8-BONNET-GENUINE-SILHOUETTE-BLACK-USED-/280566970847?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41531839df
-
Thanks guys for all the comments. I have an update, car was checked by ford again and they found the high fuel consumption problem is a result of the car having a flash tune (probably a crap tuner) before I bought it. I didn't know that the original owner had a tune done because it was stock when I bought it and he did not tell me about the tune. Anyway what ford is saying is that the car was put back to stock but did have a flash tune. They said the cat's internals have broken down as a result of the flash tune, and this is why the fuel consumption is so high. They have also advised me that the cat wont be replaced under warranty because the cars problem is related to the flash tune that the original owner had done. They have advised me to have the cat replaced and have told me that this will bring the fuel usage back down to normal. Any thoughts?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.