Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

with all the hype around icers first run tonight, resulting in no doubt somewhat disapointment to him due to expectations he put on himself, I thought a thread with advice from seasoned racers might be helpful.

some comments already are that there was no burnout, and cruddy tyres, resulting in good mph but not so crash hot 60ft and final et.

so come on- any one wanna share some of their experience for racetrack noob's? :bopp::3gears:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

Listen to advice given by others that have done what you are trying to do.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

IMO if you didn't crash, and nothing broke, that's a successful run. As long as ya have fun out there :bopp:

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted (edited)

my tip

#1, MAKE SURE (I learn ftom shannon) RADIO OFF, AC OFF, TC OFF

#2, Let rear tires down to about 15psi

#3, brake hard, then leave in D and just plant it to do a burnout till you see smoke, then gently start getting of the brake

#4, let opponent go 1st. So if he slides out or looses control etc and comes on your side, your nowhere near him. Usually happens first 100foot. Should be enough room to know what your next move is

#5, when at xmas tree (stage lights about to run) use hand brake + foot on brake. Hand brake == less wheel spin when you launch it. You need to press brake hard so it dont move, but put accel down hard till you get about 3-7psi boost built up. You need to practice a few times till your happy with your launch. I had no practice all night till last run so yeah...Dont just plant it, gently plant it.

#6, DONT CRASH! If your loosing it, dont try correct it and complete the run. Just start again. Theres always another run. Even I tried and still managed a crappy 12.8. Wasnt worth it but like an idiot I still went for it. No point damaging g/box etc on a crappy run.

Im no experienced driver, but I learnt all these things just tonight and still managed 126mph :P GL

Edited by icer
  • Like 1
  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted

I had my first run on wednesday night and had trouble getting off the line with out lighting it up, actually I was still wheel spinning at half track. I ran in sport mode, sequential, tc on tc off 30 psi then 18 psi big burnout little burnout

the result was a bet run of 12.35 and worst run of 12.9 average runs were 12.6

the 12.35 we 18psi street tyres big burnout and sequential mode

If anyone has any tips for a auto ute please tell coz im not very happy with those times :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kellyville, Sydney
Posted

HEy mate your sort of the same set up as myself. I ran a 12.2 in drive with TC on and no real stall. That was the best I could do as 3/4 track my rear flung out and I was in the other lane then sideways up the middle trying to hold on. I've found a launch in second and then a knock back into drive and let it go but no full throttle and half to 3/4 for the full run. I went from 16 to 12.2 so pretty happy

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

that's alot of power not getting transfered to the track, _slide. is it cause the utes are light over the rear wheels, or no independant rear? :beerchug:

  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted

Do you think 200kg in the rear would help?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...