Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hi All,

I've got a residue on the interior side of my windscreen that I can't get off. Sort of greasy waxy that really shows up in the sun. I've tried meth. Anyone got any better suggestions?

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Rainex???

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

I've recently started using Rain-X and I have to say it makes a LOT of cloudy smeary buildup on the interior, and on the outside it seems to attract dirt faster than before. Outside is a brand new windscreen too. I guess the interior may not be clean enough from the old buildup on the back window, but the front still had some noticeable smears :(

It does make the water slide off nicely though when going 60+

  • Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

No need for rain-ex on the interior for obvious reasons. All it does is fog up. Micro-fibre cloth and glass cleaner will fix it.

  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted

Try cleaning the windows with the car running and the fan pumping fresh air into the car. Humidity is a bitch when cleaning windows. A tint safe glass cleaner with a microfibre should do it. Use one side for the cleaning and then flip it to buff.

Sometimes you can get a build up of crap that just takes elbow grease and some time to remove. A sharp razor blade will sometimes help.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Hi All,

I've got a residue on the interior side of my windscreen that I can't get off. Sort of greasy waxy that really shows up in the sun. I've tried meth. Anyone got any better suggestions?

that's your problem right there! Ease up on the meth and you'll see clearer...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

Warm Water, a good chamious and plenty of elbow grease is the only way I have ever got the windscreen clean.. everything else just leaves streaks...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

An accidental stone through the screen= new CLEAN screen on insurance, but I didnt say that. :spoton:

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Yeah certainly silly of me to use it on the interior. It does state glass cleaner on the bottle but I'll stick to the noxious white spray stuff and newspaper I think :) (no tint)

Elbow grease does seem to be what's needed. Thanks for the tip on having the air flowing over it too rancidpunx.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...