Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 7d

hello sct will you answer the concerns of your customers in australia and post your side of the story here or are you scared of the flack you will cop for it.

I can see you are looking here so dont wait do it now.

Ian

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 10m 18d

Mate if CAPA loads the generic tune onto the box you don't need software to load it onto the vehicle. Now I don't know if it is illegal to load the generic tune on the box but that's not my problem I am not doing anything illegal so why you having a go. My question is to you Mr Mechanic, if the box has a generic tune on it do you need software to flash it onto your car??? So if CAPA is willing to put the generic tunes on these boxes they can still be used then for that purpose. So the box is not a paper weight is it?

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 7d

no you dont need it but once the box is reset the tunes are wiped off it so they need to be reloaded and sct have turned the software off to do this.

So for the guyy who purchased this now has a box he can not get reloaded with a tune genreic or not.capa may do it but not legally.

This is the bit at issue and this is what you have not told this customer.

You have sold him something that legally can not be used.

And buf my answer to that is never anyone that does is looking for trouble.

Ian

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 7d

:surrenderwave:

I think we all agree that redneck has ripped some poor b@star off. But there are plenty more doing the same, I have seen a handful of these boxes sell on ebay in the last 8 weeks for various amounts.

I doubt anything good will come out of this, so not point flogging a dead horse.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 10m 18d

no you dont need it but once the box is reset the tunes are wiped off it so they need to be reloaded and sct have turned the software off to do this.

So for the guyy who purchased this now has a box he can not get reloaded with a tune genreic or not.capa may do it but not legally.

This is the bit at issue and this is what you have not told this customer.

You have sold him something that legally can not be used.

And buf my answer to that is never anyone that does is looking for trouble.

Mate how do I know if it is legal or not for CAPA to place a generic tune on the box, am I a lawyer?? They were the distributer so I assumed that they can still do this. I called them and they said they called. I didn't say is this legal?? I still don't know if it is legal or not so I honestly can't comment on the legality of it. All I know is that I checked prior to listing it and they said they can do it. That's as far as my invlovement goes with this mate. If you bought a locked mobile and was told to check if your network supports this and you don't then that's your problem. But at the ed of the day the unit can be used for generic tunes. Period. Whether its legal or what have you not that's up to the buyer since I told them to check.

Xtremn8 I like your Redneck thing.lol. Mate to be honest with you I saw someone selling his on ebay before mine so I figured if people are buying them there must still be a use. So I figured I call CAPA and they told me they can place the generic tune on them. So I listed it thinking that's why people r still buying them. They may not have the intention of custom tuning them.

Buf-foon, yes I have run a generic on my car at the start and I had a generic on my Passat that I never custom tuned. I sold it with it. I have only custom tuned with all them mods.

• Member For: 17y 11m 2d

The box or even the software, does not know the difference between a custom tune and a generic tune, it sees it only as a file.

The term generic tune basically means a tune that has not bee optimised to suit the car being flashed but just a generalised tune or one written for another car.

If somebody still has the ability to work with these boxes it shows something is not legit.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4d

Mods are you going to allow this defamation to continue? It's my business what I do and as I have stated if you keyboard soldiers have a say jump off the forum and give me a call and we can meet up. Lets see how low your balls really hang. Any one can hide behind a keyboard and a screen and abuse someone.

Defamation?

Getting caught-out for questionable and unethical behaviour is hardly defamation. You have knowingly sold something to someone with full knowledge that it cannot be used to its advertised potential and unless they are prepared to find someone to operate it illegally then it's almost useless. Even to the point that you've mentioned the Advantage software in your advertisement.

And since you’ve decided to continue the slagging in public rather than report it I won’t bother with the PM to mention you’ve received a few warnings for your abusive and threatening posts – any more and your time here will come to an end.