600Kw Stock Internals

darios typhoon

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 21d

As discussed with you prior Dario your engine combination running with that small turbo cannot accommodate for the increased flow and cylinder head efficiency that the stage 4's provide :innocent: You are basically out of puff by 6200rpm on that turbo :dontknow: If you check its pounds per minute flow chart you will ascertain this quickly by converting flow/pressure to Horsepower.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, however these cams have been tested (controlled environment testing) back to back on many other cars with larger setups, the increases are a minimum of 18-25%, crap is a large statement brother :bopp: why not just state that they are not for you and the configuration you wish to run? :spoton::beerchug::icon_ford:

Ps: I wouldn't mind seeing your torque curve before and after Dario as well, that is where most of the benefits become apparent (duration & slope) this is more important than the power figure :beerchug:

Edited by SPIKO

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 14y 10m 28d

As discussed with you prior Dario your engine combination running with that small turbo cannot accommodate for the increased flow and cylinder head efficiency that the stage 4's provide :innocent: You are basically out of puff by 6200rpm on that turbo :dontknow: If you check its pounds per minute flow chart you will ascertain this quickly by converting flow/pressure to Horsepower.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, however these cams have been tested (controlled environment testing) back to back on many other cars with larger setups, the increases are a minimum of 18-25%, crap is a large statement brother :bopp: why not just state that they are not for you and the configuration you wish to run? :spoton::beerchug::icon_ford:

out of puff ?

even at low boost they dont perform as well as stock ones so it not out of puff at 15 psi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 25d

So Spiko, do you recommend the vernier gears or the stock variable gears?

I'm thinking that the stock variable gears might be the better option to keep both bottom end torque and top end power?

Cheers, Max

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 25d

So just to summarise, I'm hearing that the Stage 4 cams are not really suited to any iteration of a modified GT3582, but would most likely work well on a GT42 or larger.

Is this the general thinking? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

• 6 months later...
  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 3d

Must have been tuned by the WOG to get those sort of results. Dave from CPV had 600+ on a BA didn't he? pretty sure it was a fair bit more than 16psi

Edit - Is it 620 or 482? I be a bit confused at the gain of 138rwkw in 10 mins

Yeah mate ull be sweet I'm running 482 at the wheels with a stock box n diff just had to go full blown race clutch it just tore the stock 1 apart lol

Edited by sideways82