SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 08/04/10 07:54 AM Posted 08/04/10 07:54 AM (edited) so the fluid was definitely at the right temperature and you flicked through the gears as per the fill up procedure?I think plenty of people used to use the DX VI but now use the ATF SIN. Edited 08/04/10 07:55 AM by JC807
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 08/04/10 08:57 AM Author Posted 08/04/10 08:57 AM yep fluid checked at 30 degrees then 40 degrees and going through the gears as stated in the pdf file from ZF. But if plenty of people used to use it then their still might be a problem which is not related to the oil
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/04/10 01:30 AM Author Posted 09/04/10 01:30 AM Reply from penriteDear Evert,Thank you for your enquiry.As you mention, our only recommendation for the ZF 6 speed automatic transmission is SIN ATF: in this we concur with the specialist.With these boxes, yes they are very sensitive to fluid level (please see attached filling instructions; Technical Bulletin 154).While we used to recommend ATF DX VI and indeed field trialled this grade with great success, SIN ATF works a lot better so we have changed our recommendation so that only SIN ATF is to be used. As such we would recommend that you have the fluid level checked as per our attachment and consider SIN ATF instead of the ATF DX6.Regards,Alan JefferyTechnical DepartmentPenrite Oil Company
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/04/10 08:07 AM Posted 09/04/10 08:07 AM Can you please PM the filling instructions
F6turbo Member 172 Member For: 20y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/04/10 09:52 AM Posted 09/04/10 09:52 AM I got this one from here somewhere.Evert, maybe give TransmaxZ a go?6HP26_Oil_Refill.pdf
PH00NN Member 51 Member For: 19y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 09/04/10 02:04 PM Posted 09/04/10 02:04 PM I don't think it's a power issue or oil issue as I have had 3 Xr6 turbo's and they've all done it.Last weekend I was lost in Sydney and started smashing the accelerator to the floor out of frustration, the car was bouncing off the rev limiter while only doing around 30km/h, I couldn't get any drive.My '05 Bf Typhoon used to do the exact same thing, get on the gas too hard or too quick and I would just get transmission slip, I would sit there pumping the accelerator until the transmission engaged and it started putting down power.I'm not sure if you are suffering similar problems due to being so agressive but thought it was worth mentioning.Regards, Jake.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/04/10 08:22 PM Author Posted 09/04/10 08:22 PM PH00NN - What worries me is this really feels like clutch slip Gee - I can't work out how to pm attachments so I'll post it hereThis is instructions from a ford guy off the forums who has done a fair few"I would put the new pan on fill with oil run for a few minutes then drain the oil out this should get some of the old oil from your convertor out too. Then leave the car for a few hours as trans filling must be done cold. Fill the pan with all it will hold winh the engine off then start the car and as quickly as you can pump as much in till it just starts to trickle out put the plug in and the level will be spot on to what zf recomend."154_ZF_6spd_Filling_Instructions.pdf
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/04/10 09:18 PM Posted 09/04/10 09:18 PM Thanks guys for posting the information.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 17/04/10 09:46 PM Author Posted 17/04/10 09:46 PM ok so today, if I'm not flooded in, I'll be heading to tully and spending the day in the workshop with qik1. Bit of work on changing a couple of fluids in both cars - my gearbox will be filled with transmaxZ, then next weekend changed out and refilled with trnsmaxZ again. Got a 20L drum in the boot, thinking it's cheaper than starting to look at clutch packs.I'll post up probably on wednesday once it's had about 400k's on it and see it it makes a difference, don't want to thrash it until after the 2nd oil change.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/10 01:30 AM Posted 18/04/10 01:30 AM Reply from penriteDear Evert,Thank you for your enquiry.As you mention, our only recommendation for the ZF 6 speed automatic transmission is SIN ATF: in this we concur with the specialist.With these boxes, yes they are very sensitive to fluid level (please see attached filling instructions; Technical Bulletin 154).While we used to recommend ATF DX VI and indeed field trialled this grade with great success, SIN ATF works a lot better so we have changed our recommendation so that only SIN ATF is to be used. As such we would recommend that you have the fluid level checked as per our attachment and consider SIN ATF instead of the ATF DX6.Regards,Alan JefferyTechnical DepartmentPenrite Oil CompanyI would read in between the lines with this response. It sounds to me that the ZF may not like the ATF DX VI. Use the Transmax Z as there seems to have been no complaints with it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now