Jump to content

PH00NN

Member
  • Posts

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PH00NN

  1. Yep, just checked it. It has a 6 speed manual written on the specs at the end of the article by mistake. If you read the article they say opted for an auto for this test, so those figures are for the ZF
  2. I had a good read of that performance car cup on the weekend and I am positive they said they used a ZF auto GT Rspec. I will have to check it again tonight.
  3. Happy Birthday PH00NN!

  4. Happy Birthday PH00NN!

  5. I have some matte black argents on ebay at the moment with tyres (Yokohama Advan V103's)- the wheels and tyres are like new - over $3K's worth, starting bid - $1600 Somebody is going to get a good deal.
  6. I'm sure the car would go back to it's original ride height as the gas in the Bilsteins is just there to displace the volume of the piston rod. There isn't anywhere near enough pressure to hold up the weight of the car, I'm positive any increase would have come from the suspension being pulled apart and settled quickly.
  7. I have to say I wasn't expecting much more than a good laugh, but that thing looks sweeeeettttt!
  8. Are you guys talking about a rattle/vibration in the top end of the motor at start up? Mine was doing this until I changed to Castrol Magnatec, haven't heard a thing since.
  9. I was positive you guys were wrong but I just went and measured my 19" Matt Black Fpv Copies and they're 9 inches wide! I have looked at the wheels and thought they looked fat, especially from a distance, now I know why. Even though I only have 245's on them they are still a lot fatter due to being stretched over 9 inch rims, I would've bought 275's for the rear if I had of known that. I measured the genuine Dark Argents on my BF Typhoon a few years ago and they were 8.5 inches wide.
  10. I tried it in my FG, it did turn it off but the next time I started the car the seltbelt chime was back.
  11. Yep, I like the black Rota Grid's.
  12. All the 20 inch versions I have seen on ebay are 8 inch wide.
  13. You can definitely run 275's on a 9" wide rim (anywhere from 9" to 10.5" is acceptable). Just make sure they are actually 9 inches wide, I haven't seen any dark argent rims 9 inches wide. Were they custom made?
  14. I don't think it's a power issue or oil issue as I have had 3 Xr6 turbo's and they've all done it. Last weekend I was lost in Sydney and started smashing the accelerator to the floor out of frustration, the car was bouncing off the rev limiter while only doing around 30km/h, I couldn't get any drive. My '05 Bf Typhoon used to do the exact same thing, get on the gas too hard or too quick and I would just get transmission slip, I would sit there pumping the accelerator until the transmission engaged and it started putting down power. I'm not sure if you are suffering similar problems due to being so agressive but thought it was worth mentioning. Regards, Jake.
  15. I had an Bogan special Ute in Karma which looked very similar. Blueish green tinge in certain light but looked like denim in direct sunlight.
  16. I had a Di Filippo single 3.5 inch from the turbo back on my BF Typhoon and I loved it. It had a unique sound compared to what everyone else seemed to be running.
  17. It's a 1995 model. I forgot I started this thread, was under the weather at the time(a bit like tonight/this morning). Good to see some performance orientated people interested in 4WD's,.................they have their place and can be heaps of fun. I almost went for a 91 Range Rover myself.
  18. Go the Yokohama Advan V103's. A Gemballa Porsche set the fastest time around Nurburgring for a street registered car on V103's a few years back...........say no more. I have them fitted to both my cars.
  19. PH00NN

    DSC_0038.jpg

    From the album: FG XR6T

    © © FordXR6Turbo.com

  20. PH00NN

    FG XR6T

  21. PH00NN

    DSC_0044.jpg

    From the album: FG XR6T

    © © FordXR6Turbo.com

  22. PH00NN

    FG1

    From the album: FG XR6T

    © © FordXR6Turbo.com

  23. I didn't know you could do a 4wd this cheap, but at under 10K it's a killer. This is what it looked like when I bought it: I paid $4200 I then fitted an "old man emu" 2 inch lift, 31 inch tyres, wildcat extractors with a 2 1/4 exhaust, painted the rims and bullbar in satin black, fitted a set of PIAA driving lights and fitted a BMC air filter, also replaced the headlight surrounds with black items and ditched the fake chrome.............. All up cost was around $9,500 including an overhaul of the transmission. I have been off-road on 2 occasions and towed a 100 series cruiser, a 08 model hilux and a turbo diesel 200 series cruiser through rough terrain, it sh*ts on everything off-road for some reason. I named him "Uncle Hank" due too his U.S. heritage. In dry conditions it spins first and chirps seconds, only 1500kg and an NA straight six. Although I have other cars to play with, I love driving it..........
  24. That's been my theory all along, some of these lower speed limits cause a lack of concentration and lure people into a false sense of security. Some of the country roads around my area have dropped from 100km/h to 80km/h over the past few years and I have a real hard time maintaining concentration given the fact the roads are in great condition, nice & wide and have open paddocks either side. I always see people engrossed in coversation, eating, going through their glovebox, playing with the stereo and I don't really blame them when the speed limit has been reduced to a mind numbing pace. I'm not a ratbag on the road but I prefer to drive at a speed that keeps my attention and is therefore safer. Unfortunately there isn't as much money to be made as there is in fining speeding drivers.
  25. I like this, RUF RGT-8 911 fitted with a V8 that weighs less than the flat 6 Geneva 2010: Ruf RGT-8 is a V8-powered, 550-hp 911 — Autoblog
×
×
  • Create New...