normda Member 30 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Posted 11/03/10 12:44 PM Posted 11/03/10 12:44 PM hey guys I just noticed that my front bumper seems to be sagging a bit. the passenger side around the light seems to have dropped about 1cm and theres an obvious gap between the bumper and the light assembly now. how the heck did this happen?? I havent hit anything. prehaps the clips have broken?? if this is the case...where would I get new clips from?
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 11/03/10 02:46 PM Posted 11/03/10 02:46 PM This tends to be the case on most B series. Mine sagged before I removed it for mods and is worse now. CBF fixing it though as it will be removed again one day.Do a search as I know someone on here put up a 'How to' on fixing this issue as best as possible.
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 11/03/10 08:08 PM Posted 11/03/10 08:08 PM I have a BA and noticed it on mine as well..all my clips were in and nothing was broken. When I did my lights I removed bumper then when I put it back on the sag was still there...maybe just a design problem???
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 11/03/10 09:39 PM Posted 11/03/10 09:39 PM Take off the number plate and put a self tapping screw through the hole that is in the middle of the bar. Stopped mine from sagging.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 12/03/10 03:50 AM Posted 12/03/10 03:50 AM That could have been the fix, cheers for that Ben.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/03/10 03:56 AM Posted 12/03/10 03:56 AM Deal with it pretty much. that's about all you can do.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 9d Gender: Male Posted 12/03/10 04:38 AM Posted 12/03/10 04:38 AM I fixed mine by removing the bar, and the the plastic clip assembly at the sides was removed, drilled to allow adjustment where the screws are and tightened slightly higher. Clipped it back on and problem was fixed.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 12/03/10 04:38 AM Posted 12/03/10 04:38 AM You sound like me Dillz, CBF...lol
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/03/10 04:43 AM Posted 12/03/10 04:43 AM True dat!I fixed the problem by selling the XR but now I have an EL with a saggy arse! Go figure.
normda Member 30 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Posted 12/03/10 10:23 AM Author Posted 12/03/10 10:23 AM riteo. I could just leave it but it seems to be getting worse. I dont want to hit a pothole and the whole bumper falls off!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now