Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 14/02/10 03:05 AM Posted 14/02/10 03:05 AM anyone want to give their 2 cents as to the benefits, results, brands used and costs?im interested in finding out what yous think.
xr_velocity Legacy Donating Member 290 Member For: 19y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/02/10 03:13 AM Posted 14/02/10 03:13 AM From what I have seen in tests done on motoring shows they do nothing and can in fact lower the octane rating. Although not all brands were tested so cant comment on all of them.
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 14/02/10 04:06 AM Posted 14/02/10 04:06 AM What brands where they ? Do u have some kind of fact sheet on it . Would be good to see
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 14/02/10 07:23 AM Posted 14/02/10 07:23 AM Nulon Pro Strength is one I used with great results allowing a couple more deg of timing.
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 14/02/10 07:36 AM Posted 14/02/10 07:36 AM Tell me if im way off . The pro strenght give like 5 unit or something like that where the normal gives around 2 or 3. If u use 98 with there is no need for the pro stenght because it will not take the octane level over 100 . Is this right ????
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 14/02/10 08:01 AM Posted 14/02/10 08:01 AM I always thought that the Nulon Pro Strength was the best one when tested against all others available. But in saying that I don't think any of them increase the RON rating as much as they state on the bottle. I've used Pro Strength at the track with no bad results.Benny
Fords Rule Member 38 Member For: 17y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 18/02/10 12:18 PM Posted 18/02/10 12:18 PM I was using Nulon Pro Octane Boost and when my mechanic changed my plugs he said to stop using it as it was leaving a tarnish on them.He's not just a back yard mechanic either but a competition race engine builder with a high reputation in the business so I just use BP ULTRA now only.No tarnish on the plugs since I stopped using the Octane boost sometime back now.I don't do any track work so Octane Boost isn't necessary anyway for me.PS....Got a mate with a GTR R35 and he was doing the same as I was and checked his plugs and has now stopped using the Octane Boost and he was putting in 3 bottles of the stuff on some occasions at once.Food for thought anyway.Cheers Mark.FORDS RULE
MaTTe Member 143 Member For: 17y 11m 7d Location: Perth Posted 26/02/10 12:46 PM Posted 26/02/10 12:46 PM Hey mate, I have an addative that will boost the octane, but not by huge amounts like some of the other brands, but it is REALLY good for the fuel system.There is also another product made in WA(not sure if its available over east) called NF, you can get street and race versions. The race will boost by upto 5 RON, where as the Nulon claim 6 RON, but the NF contains NOS and is very good for your fuel system, wont tarnish plugs either..a bit more food for thought..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now