jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/02/10 12:43 AM Posted 14/02/10 12:43 AM (edited) Hi Guys,A friend of mine has bought an fg xr8.... he knows that I like modding and playing with cars and has asked me to help him out with mods etc.....unfortunately I am not that savvy and only know about the T and modding it.He has a budget of around $5-6K. What are the best mods to do with this money??. He has been in touch with x-force and they are releasing an exhaust for it????? IDEAS PLEASE GUYS!!!!!!! Edited 14/02/10 12:43 AM by jetute
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/02/10 12:47 AM Posted 14/02/10 12:47 AM I assume buying an Xr8 he's not after good power or quick times so I would say exhaust for a nice note and a set of 20's. that's about all you can do.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/02/10 01:22 AM Author Posted 14/02/10 01:22 AM fair enough....surely there has to be some gain with an exhaust and a tune??? 20-50 rwkw?????????? he just wants a bit more down low?? anyone...... his not looking for huge gains... so whats the best way
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 14/02/10 01:48 AM Posted 14/02/10 01:48 AM With the budget set and it being N/A then intake, tune and exhaust is the best option. I think with those mods you'll see around 250rwkw.Benny
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 4d Posted 14/02/10 02:28 AM Posted 14/02/10 02:28 AM Isnt there a company that offeres a S/C kit for around 5k?
b-rad Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Location: townsville Posted 14/02/10 02:52 AM Posted 14/02/10 02:52 AM blue power CAI full exhaust system and tune should see 250~rwkw and be pretty responsive down low and decent all round
5lYBA Member 57 Member For: 17y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast Posted 14/02/10 03:05 AM Posted 14/02/10 03:05 AM (edited) CAI, full exhaust and tune will get these up around the 260-270rwkw maybe a little more if hes lucky. Certainly way more that 250rwkw, most of the Boss 260s with those mods are pulling up to 245 Edited 14/02/10 03:05 AM by 5lYBA
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 14/02/10 04:09 AM Posted 14/02/10 04:09 AM (edited) . If he want a sweet exhaust have a look at BJC he has a clip on the twin turbo 8 in xtreme ford Edited 14/02/10 04:11 AM by tray_182005
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 28d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 14/02/10 04:54 AM Posted 14/02/10 04:54 AM Only problem with that exhaust is that twin 3in would probably be to big for N/A at that stage.I originally had twin 2.5in exhaust with the blower which still sounded good but then went to the twin 3in mandrel as I was going to chase heaps more power but in doing so I only gained 20hp up in the top rpm but lost a considerable amount of torque through most of the rev range also. This was without additional tuning though so I may have gained some torque back in tuning and alot more up top with bigger injectors also but for something under 350rwkw I dont think it would be worth it unless you had a kenne bell or similar positive displacement setup.These are the only photos I could find of my 3in exhaust however this is virtually indentical to my old system apart from it was 2.5in and was press bent.Resonators are a must if its straight through!
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 28d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 14/02/10 04:55 AM Posted 14/02/10 04:55 AM Stupid text box is still screwed up!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now