Jump to content

5lYBA

Member
  • Posts

    57
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 5lYBA

  1. Anyone have the collector and emitter values for hooking up 3 cobalt gauges? I tried hooking into the dimming circuit but they don't dim as much as the dash and are heaps brighter. They dimmed about the same as the dash hooked up another way but were dimming opposite to the dash so it's probably just going to be easier to build this little gadget and reverse it
  2. Happy Birthday 5lYBA!

  3. don't know about that. You can legally have headlight covers on which are painted black and they are legal as long as the indicator is visible and you take them off at night. In Qld anyways
  4. I know a guy that got this for his ba ute. I saw photos of when he first installed them and it all looked really loose and wrinkly, not very good at all. Saw them in person the other week, a few months after installed. I was rather impressed. They had settled into the seats quite well and are really firm now. If I were to look at them and my factory leather I honestly couldn't pick which is which if I had never seen either before
  5. I can fit a Bailey 6ft ladder under my lid, its a tight squeeze but it just fits
  6. looks a bit dodge, the fog surrounds should already be fixed in or be able to get fixed in easily without you having to glue them in. I got mine through blits bodykits on the gold coast and couldn't fault it. Don't have any gaps on the bumper anywhere, it doesn't sit properly under one headlight but the stock bar had the same problem so dont know whats going on there but it doesn't seem to be the bumper. Panel beater said its one of the best fibreglass bars hes done and also know of others having great products from blits. Definitely get in contact with the guy you got it from if you're not happy
  7. Have been told that the AU/BA tail lights without the reverse light are actually the F truck tail lights from america and they changed shape for the new model f truck just before BAII sometime I think so they got changed here as the new ones didn't fit. You can also get LED tail lights from america that dont have the reverse light in them so they would only work with the reverse light in the bumper unless you dont want a reverse light
  8. They're just a straight swap over, should be able to do it yourself if a couple of blokes to help with lifting. Best bet is wreckers or ebay theres usually some on there. AU,BA,BF are all the same fit though the AU has different side moulds and I think skirts aswell but the tub is the same and the only difference between the BA and BF is the reverse light is in the lower bumper on the BA (& the AU) and its in the tail lights on the BF but the actual tub itself is the same on all 3
  9. This is a xr8 in Brisbane as far as I know, kinda what you're going for? From what I know its legal to have the side exit as long as you follow all the specifics to do it properly but if the cops dont know the rules they will still defect it if they think its illegal
  10. how much did that cost to get done?? Im having a go at doing mine currently, some of the pieces turned out ok, some not but I'll probably end up getting a painter to spray it in the end if I cant get it good enough Pretty sure the car wont move without it, unless you put the unit back in with no buttons on the front but I duno if that'll work either
  11. pretty sure you have to take the icc out to get the fascia off as its screwed in from the back if I recall. The most trouble I had was trying to get my hand up underneath to unplug the 4 plugs in the bottom of it, took me a good half an hour I had another fascia that I painted then swapped them over so I was still able to drive in the meantime
  12. They dont move at all once they are screwed on, well mine dont anyway. Just undo the screws a little and you will be able to slide the lid back towards the cab and do them up again. It will be easy enough with the lid open, you may need someone to push from the end though to hold it back while you screw them back up tight. Either that or just pull the pins out of the hinges and take the lid off and do it, you can see the pins hanging down and clipped into the bracket. You will deff need 2 people for that though I did mine the other day, have someone on the back holding the lid or it will get messy
  13. The hinge that screws to the hardlid have slots to move the hardlid back and forward, they are only about 15mm long. Maybe yours has been screwed to the hinges so that it sticks out the back further? Other than that there is no adjustment for it. that's for the bulge lid if that's the one you mean, not sure on the flat lid setup
  14. how much does it cost for a ute? Edit: Nevermind the website seems to be working now. Went on the other day and it was invalid
  15. this is a message posted on another forum, seems as though Pole Position is still around "Hi Guys Jeff rang me last night and confirmed he had been overseas for a lengthy period of time - sourcing stock throughout Asia I would guess. He is definitely back in business (albeit his web-site is playing up) but he is contactable by email and mobile phone. He was very apologetic for "NOT"touching base with me and other callers but he stated that his laptop computer was out of action in Asia. I can believe that. Happy Ford Motoring"
  16. was there anyone here around caloundra on friday night 23rd april and 24th in an orange T (I think orange, only saw it once) up around the top of bulcock st past CBX floggin the bejeezus out of it. Sounds like it was fairly worked, must of heard it about a dozen times fly past that night and the next day
  17. that link was posted elsewhere yesterday and I still have it open in a tab on my browser and it seems to have been changed :S It said this yesterday, and also doesnt have the updated text underneath it Unmarked Speed Camera Vehicles 3x Ford Falcon BA Utes (White) 3x Expensive Daewoo VZ Utes (White) 1x Volkswagen Golf (not a GTI) It should be noted that the utes are all white in colour with white canopies
  18. the point to point / fixed speed cameras should be in action soon. Over the last few days they've been setting up the ones at the Beerburrum end, just infront of the Johnston rd overpass if heading north. The radar pole has 2 radars on it side by side for some reason but at the Caloundra end it only has one. They are meant to be fixed speed cameras aswell at both ends so not sure why one has 2 radars and the other doesnt
  19. yea they are the only 2 sizes you can run on the front. I used to have 225s but they are way too stretched and now have 245/30 which are fine, they dont hit. You just have to make sure you get the correct load rating
  20. Ive been told you have to get it programmed at Ford when you do the dual zone upgrade?
  21. you can only run 245/30 or 225/35 not 245/35
  22. Im not running a camber caster kit at the moment but need to get one some time, its running wicked camber, looks awesome Suspension guy also said I'll probably need to roll guards when he fixes the camber
  23. Tein coilovers + reset leafs
×
×
  • Create New...