Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/01/10 09:36 AM Posted 03/01/10 09:36 AM I have a BF series 2 xr6 turbo ute with about 35000km on it. I have a custom tune, hypeflow cooler, different injectors, high flow cat and high flow fuel pump. The car is making over 300rwkw. But when I try to take off quick, the motor pauses for a second and then the car takes off.This started after I had the custom tune done.Can anyone help me with the cause of the problem and how to fix it.
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/01/10 10:21 AM Posted 03/01/10 10:21 AM Try using Micky Thompson Drag Slicks.
xd turbo Member 58 Member For: 17y 9m 20d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/10 10:27 AM Posted 03/01/10 10:27 AM I LIKE THIS
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 03/01/10 11:48 AM Posted 03/01/10 11:48 AM does it do it when traction control is off?
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 03/01/10 12:39 PM Posted 03/01/10 12:39 PM Is it more of a gear section problem or engine. Sometimes with the 6 speed auto it stays in 2nd when you stop but then if you boot it it decides sh*t I should be in 1st and it feels like a hesitation but its just the gear box selecting 1st gear.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 03/01/10 09:06 PM Posted 03/01/10 09:06 PM is it auto or manual? does the engine rev and just sit there for a couple secs or is there no revs at all?
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/01/10 09:53 PM Author Posted 03/01/10 09:53 PM It's an ZF auto and yes there is no reves for a couple of seconds and then is goes
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/10 03:12 AM Posted 04/01/10 03:12 AM Would you say it feels like the torque converter is stalling up for a second, then it suddenly jumps into gear.Does it do it particularly when you are starting off on a hill.
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/10 04:47 AM Author Posted 04/01/10 04:47 AM I don't think is the torque converter because the motor doesn't rev. I accelerate the motor pauses for a couple of seconds then as soon as the revs increase the car goes but I made be wrong.
workxr6 Member 28 Member For: 17y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Southside Posted 25/01/10 12:20 PM Posted 25/01/10 12:20 PM Is it more of a gear section problem or engine. Sometimes with the 6 speed auto it stays in 2nd when you stop but then if you boot it it decides sh*t I should be in 1st and it feels like a hesitation but its just the gear box selecting 1st gear.I have the same issue and found it to be "re-selecting" from 2nd to 1st just as I crack the throttle.Question is: How can it be fixed?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now