gwk Member 28 Member For: 18y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Gold coast Posted 15/01/10 06:11 AM Posted 15/01/10 06:11 AM Hi 'Ford powa',Too late I know, but I run my 80gb classic ipod through my premium sound system ( BF ) using a cable I purchased through ebay.This cable set me back $45. Complete idiot proof instructions and pics. Two connections at the rear of the main fuse panel, run the cable to the lower tray in the consol. Connect the 32pin ( as per apple ) to the ipod base and hey presto, all is good. Sound quality is brilliant. All sound adjustment is through main car volume control and this cable charges your ipod at the same time. Have been using it for several months now without dramas.A mate has the genuine Ford item ( more than twice the price ). There is no difference in output volume or quality between the 2 units.Ebay might suck in some areas BUT not all purchases are crap.Cheers
turbovich Member 32 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: CROATIA DUBROVNICK or Perth Posted 15/01/10 06:18 AM Posted 15/01/10 06:18 AM I was told that the iphone is incompatable with this aux kit. Anyone tried it???
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/01/10 02:31 AM Posted 16/01/10 02:31 AM I use my iPhone with both the genuine AUX and bluetooth kits without a problem.
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 16/01/10 07:17 AM Posted 16/01/10 07:17 AM There someone on the forums selling the genuine kit for $80, do you think I can find the post
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 11d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 16/01/10 08:17 AM Posted 16/01/10 08:17 AM (edited) The one from ASL works great, well worth the extra $.HERE Edited 16/01/10 08:17 AM by jasper361
Ford powa Member 111 Member For: 18y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: North West Aus Posted 17/01/10 11:19 PM Author Posted 17/01/10 11:19 PM Hi 'Ford powa',Too late I know, but I run my 80gb classic ipod through my premium sound system ( BF ) using a cable I purchased through ebay.This cable set me back $45. Complete idiot proof instructions and pics. Two connections at the rear of the main fuse panel, run the cable to the lower tray in the consol. Connect the 32pin ( as per apple ) to the ipod base and hey presto, all is good. Sound quality is brilliant. All sound adjustment is through main car volume control and this cable charges your ipod at the same time. Have been using it for several months now without dramas.A mate has the genuine Ford item ( more than twice the price ). There is no difference in output volume or quality between the 2 units.Ebay might suck in some areas BUT not all purchases are crap.CheersYeh cheers mate, Oh Well Hopefully arrives this week and ill post up how it goes :D
stingers_fan Member 6 Member For: 17y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/01/10 09:51 AM Posted 21/01/10 09:51 AM (edited) I got the $90 one off ebay that had free postage.Quality is brilliant... but only when the engine isnt running...I still get that really really annoying engine whine when the engine is running...Its worse than the whine I had coming from the 25 dollar ebay cable I brought a few months back...Any fixes without me having to buy another cable cos its sh*tting me to no end... Edited 21/01/10 09:56 AM by stingers_fan
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/01/10 10:24 AM Posted 21/01/10 10:24 AM Should've just brought the genuine AUX boosted kit.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/01/10 10:57 AM Posted 21/01/10 10:57 AM If you're quick there might still be one available here...Ford Ipod/Mp3 Amplified Auxlilary Audio Booster Kit - Ford XR6 Turbo.com
stingers_fan Member 6 Member For: 17y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/01/10 11:21 AM Posted 21/01/10 11:21 AM (edited) pretty sure that's the one I already got..??FORD MP3 IPOD IN CAR KIT WITH CABLE GENUINE - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Jan-10 00:46:11 AEDST)not to worry thou... I worked out why its being a bastard...I cut the REM wire from the mobile phone jack to connect it up to an aftermarket amp a few months back... I can only assume that's my problem... (I cant re-connect this wire, I assume I'd never need the rem wire again so I doubt ill be able to reconnect it with how short I cut the wire away from the socket..) Edited 21/01/10 11:26 AM by stingers_fan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now