New G6E Turbo With Issues

esss15

• Member For: 15y 4m 26d

Hi Guys,

My Battery goes flat if I leave it parked for two or three days, ford claim it is the electric seat module not shutting down and constantly draining power.

Ford have apparently ordered a replacement for me to install at next service (two weeks time), I will post an update if this fixes the problem, other than that I will remind them about the electic mirror auto dip module.

• Red F6310
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d
  • Location: A small country town on the Murray River South Australia

I've not heard of flat battery issue before. So an isolated one.

There are a few common problems especially on early built cars (mid 2008 mostly) such as bluetooth dropping out, ambient temp sensor faulty, bent fuel gauge sender, leaky timing cover etc. They are (very) annoying. But that turbo power delivery is very addictive!

My G6ET would have a flat battery if I left the car for 2 days without starting it. In the 9 months I owned the car, the battery was replaced 2 times.

I must say im not sad that I have now sold the car, dont get me wrong when it was running well (and not at the dealers getting warrenty work done) it was a great car but with all the issues I had it took the gloss off the car greatly. Mine was definately a friday arvo built lemon.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 9m 26d

I've left my G6E Turbo for 7-12 days without starting it three times since I bought it. No problems at all. It really is a shame that quality control is crap in Australia and the odd lemon gets through.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 21y 26d

A slight thread-mine here....

But... I have just come back from overseas and after having my G6ET sitting there for 9 weeks, it fired up perfectly first time. You could tell it wasn't a 100% clean start, but it was 95% clean start. My G6ET is a Feb 09 build.

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 21d

My roommate just bought a new G6e turb's. Noticed battery was dying went to start one day and totally flat, went into ford they replaced the battery. Week later same thing happened, back to ford and they replace the alternator, week later same thing!, back to ford and mate said they replaced some sort of module, week later same thing! back in at ford at the moment. Mate is pissed off as anyone would be.

Whats wrong with these guys at ford dont they do any diagnosing? Seems to me they have know idea and are just replacing parts. How hard is it too find a current draw somewhere in the system?

Im looking into a new xr6 turbo ute as I love these new turbo's but this is scaring me off a bit. They say this is the only one in oz that has had this problem..

anyone out there know of this in the new ford's?

Mine is a may 09 built car and I purchased 2nd hand at 60,000kms. The problems Ive experienced include;

A rough idle when the car starts and even into my driving time, the car rocks side to side and shakes back to front and has a really weird noise. Its almost like the car has a cam, just wothout the nice note and power to go with it.

My Temperature sensor is always 6 degrees less than actual temp outside

My Battery has been replaced twice and is still going FLAT

Bluetooth dropping in and out

iPod connectivity not working

Heater Shaft had to be replaced as the heater would only blow hot air out one vent and cold out the others, and as a result they replaced the heater shaft and ripped the dash out which has now left me with a ticking noise coming form the top of the dash, which the dealer is now telling me is a common issue that comes with them and it wasnt there before because the shaft wasnt working properly....hmmmm sounds a bit funny you replace one issue with another and its a common thing :/

Leaking OIL - not aircon fluid as they have tried pushing me away and telling me

Fuel Consumption is nowhere near what they suggested it to be at the dealership, and IM not naieve to understanding the fuel usage and know they whacka fair bit on it but that's just a joke!!!!

The fuel gage is now showing a 1/4 of a tank when you put 35-40 litres of fuel in????? but range suggests 320km

Now just personal problems that I didnt take much notice of when buying (coming from VE SS) the cabin size is so small and for me who is rather tall (and my partner also) with 2 carseats in the back its getting a bit ridiculous, I cant sit back and drive in the position I feel comfy to especially if we have an extra passenger sitting behind me :/

The luxury and power of the vehicle is undebatable in my opinion but there seem to be alot of issues that this particular car have and Im not shy to make them obvious!!!

• Member For: 11y 7m 21d

Mine is a may 09 built car and I purchased 2nd hand at 60,000kms. The problems Ive experienced include;

A rough idle when the car starts and even into my driving time, the car rocks side to side and shakes back to front and has a really weird noise. Its almost like the car has a cam, just wothout the nice note and power to go with it.

My Temperature sensor is always 6 degrees less than actual temp outside

My Battery has been replaced twice and is still going FLAT

Bluetooth dropping in and out

iPod connectivity not working

Heater Shaft had to be replaced as the heater would only blow hot air out one vent and cold out the others, and as a result they replaced the heater shaft and ripped the dash out which has now left me with a ticking noise coming form the top of the dash, which the dealer is now telling me is a common issue that comes with them and it wasnt there before because the shaft wasnt working properly....hmmmm sounds a bit funny you replace one issue with another and its a common thing :/

Leaking OIL - not aircon fluid as they have tried pushing me away and telling me

Fuel Consumption is nowhere near what they suggested it to be at the dealership, and IM not naieve to understanding the fuel usage and know they whacka fair bit on it but that's just a joke!!!!

The fuel gage is now showing a 1/4 of a tank when you put 35-40 litres of fuel in????? but range suggests 320km

Now just personal problems that I didnt take much notice of when buying (coming from VE SS) the cabin size is so small and for me who is rather tall (and my partner also) with 2 carseats in the back its getting a bit ridiculous, I cant sit back and drive in the position I feel comfy to especially if we have an extra passenger sitting behind me :/

The luxury and power of the vehicle is undebatable in my opinion but there seem to be alot of issues that this particular car have and Im not shy to make them obvious!!!

• Member For: 12y 10m 24d

Unfortunately if it isn't a know problem and only happens intermittently then finding the fault can be time consuming, as Ford have done replacing parts until the dying battery is resolved.

Even if you take it to an auto electrician there will need to be some luck involved to have the fault present when they go looking.

If there is extra drain then diagnosis should be pretty straight forward for an auto electrician or even anyone with a multimeter and clip on current meter.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Open to ideas as to how ford would actually check for this issue during production?

Ford should give every staff member a car to take home on the weekend and thrash the crap out of. Bonuses for the more miles on it

If it still goes it gets on the list otherwise give it another lap around the floor