How To Install Angel Eyes

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

That'd be positive/negative I'd say.

Sorry for not replying earlier, threads dropped off the radar. I mounted without the chrome rings, cable tied power injectors to the wires behind the headlights, and broke a small ring. Ordered another pair of small ones from GR8XR6 :) He has spares I think, contact him ASAP! Used a fair bit of silicon but not enough on one small ring. It's split the silicon from me trying to get the small ring to sit flat against the light. Still holding from just one side being stuck though! Not sure I can be bothered to get it apart again yet :)

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 7d

hmmmm I want to do this as I have noticed that one of the chrome rings on my light as fallen down. WTF!

anywho.... just curious.... do you still use the main bulb after installation? or just the angel eyes for lights? they surely cant emit enough light can they?

xr6turbs says sorry for the newb like question.

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 6d

These are really for looks and you still need your original lamps in. Just like any other vehicle with these types of lights.

beerchug.gif

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 29d

hmmmm I want to do this as I have noticed that one of the chrome rings on my light as fallen down. WTF!

anywho.... just curious.... do you still use the main bulb after installation? or just the angel eyes for lights? they surely cant emit enough light can they?

xr6turbs says sorry for the newb like question.

nah mate, you keep your main lights but these replace your park lights......

But I wouldnt install them If I was you.....mine will be only one in NZ with angel eyes mwuahaha :stirthepot:

nah, as long as you got the white coloured angel eye lights then you wont get pulled over, soon as you put coloured in you will. You can have anything as your park lights, you could spell out falcon in LED's if you wanted lol, park lights are only used to be seen by others.

One big problem I had was putting too much silicon and trying to wipe it up somehow..dont use turps lol

Cheers Stever Ill just cable tie them like yours...

• Donating Members

finally after two goes I have succesfully installed them. Anyone who hasnt done this before should give this a go. They are very fragile but the end result is worth it. The most I had done to a car before this was install a BOV, so seeing the end result is super :blink:

Also you may be able to tell that I resprayed my rings...

post-35221-126872079773_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 5d

Just pulled my headlight apart... Would suggest to those of you who are doing this, put it in oven for 5 mins... use a screwdriver to lever sections apart... Then put back in oven for 3 mins and it will come apart easily...

Will update with anything else I find! ;-)

• Donating Members

Was good to do in summer - leave them baking on concrete and you can open them up with a bit of effort. They wouldn't fit in my oven!

Went down to the drags for the first time last week and had people taking pics of them, was pretty chuffed :) Pointed them to the forum to grab a set.

• Donating Members

I would suggest using a super glue instead of silicone.... They didnt fit in my oven either lol, I slightly left the door open and left them in there for like 5min. Then I used a screw driver to seperate them. Putting them back together id suggest a heat gun. Double make sure the seal binds and you dont get moisture in your headlights :D

• Donating Members

my silicone split on one of the smaller rings - careful not to place too much stress on thme when mounting in just the right spot. can't tell without getting close though :)