How To Install Angel Eyes

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 29d

dont use too much silicone like I did. Its a :turboboink: to get off and if you use something like meth spirits then it makes it even worse lol it takes off the chrome...I had to spray paint my light rings chrome again.

Also dont put too much pressure on them. I broke one of mine by putting to much weight on it... still you all should give this a go if your interested end results are awesome

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

I took out the chrome rings on mine so as not to ruin them, and also because I didn't think they would look good mounted on the chrome.

A better mounting method (physical clip etc) would be good but I wasn't going to spend much longer trying to figure one out!

Edited by -SteveR-

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 7m 16d

Hey Team,

I just finished installing mine, but the two outside globes don't light up! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU :bum:

Anyways, I wired them EXACTLY like originally shown (keeping the connection to the parker bulb etc) but nothing.

Have I F**ked something up? That being said, there are no cracks/chips/damages to the globe itself, and all wires that run between the globe and the inverter are fine...or maybe I am retarded and there is something blatantly obviously that I have missed.

(SEE ATTACHMENT)

Any comments would be appreciated :bowdown:

post-42222-128609459604_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members

I tapped mine into the parker wires inside the engine bay, that worked well for me. Try swapping the plugs over from the small ones to the big ones to make sure it's not the globes? Unless you've cut the plugs off that ship with them and wired them straight to the globe socket?

I tried changing over the plugs before and the outside globes still won't light up. I didn't cut the wires from the small transformer, I just crimped the black and red wired respectively into the wires for the parker bulb (even tried removing the parker bulb and still wouldn't work) - red w/ brown, black w/ black.

I was thinking of just fusing the wire from the outside bulb with the inside bulb before it gets to the transformer and see if that works?

• Donating Members

Yeah that's the same setup as mine. It must be the globes? Do you have a 12v power source you can test them with? Still if you swapped the plugs over and they are not working there's only one conclusion, it's the wiring or globes on the small rings :(

When my dad broke one of my small rings I heard it crack but couldn't find the break for quite a while. You know the CCFL is only a few mm wide (like 2 or something) inside the plastic right? Under the metal backing strip?

Oh and they should work regardless of whether there's a parker globe in or not. I used stock globes, white LEDs and now nothing at all in the socket!

Edited by -SteveR-

FFFFUUUUUU, I'll have to take it apart this weekend. Just seemed like a coincidence that both outside globes aren't working.

ARGH! :icon_ford:

Thanks anywho mate.

• Donating Members

I pray for your sake that it IS something simple. Better take it apart and find a small problem than 2 busted rings.

As we all know, busted rings just aren't fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

what size ring did you use or sizes I still have to pull mine apart to do the set up I will do it as I do the turbo conversion as many other thing on the to do list

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 29d

I know how you feel man, I had same problem. Got some new ones and they worked. They are very very very very veryyyyyy fragile. I had to take them off one installed. b*tch of a thing but the end result is so worth it!