Raging Member 348 Member For: 18y 20d Gender: Male Location: Central Qld Posted 22/09/09 12:23 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:23 PM Considering upgrading from my current FG XR6T to a new FPV GS..Why?? I dunno, love my 8's, always have, though the turbo's are sooo damn good aswell. The main reason why is because they are a limited edition (at this stage anyway) and they are pretty good value for money, especially seeing I will be leasing it.However...that little word "Coyote" has been on the back of my mind since I heard about it. In a years time will I be thinking I should have waited?? Maybe...maybe not..So basically just throwing it out there to see what other peoples opinions are, though most will probably say its personal choice, might get things from another perspective. Long hours at work and a 5 month old depriving me of sleep make it hard to think straight lol, so gimme what you got
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 22/09/09 12:33 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:33 PM Wait, best to find out how good the new donk is before making your decision, if you still want a GS then I am sure there will be a few still floating around.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 22/09/09 12:35 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:35 PM When will the new motor be released?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 22/09/09 12:44 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:44 PM Should be before the 1st of July when Euro IV kicks in.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/09 09:32 PM Posted 22/09/09 09:32 PM If I were you I'd definitely be waiting, but that's easier said than done. Are you likely to go emo and slash your wrists the first time you see a factory supercharged v8 on the streets???
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 23/09/09 12:25 AM Posted 23/09/09 12:25 AM Coyote is supposed to be a first class engine. From what I've heard so far it will be a real performance engine, with wicked throttle response and awesome driveability. For the first time in years Ford will have a performance engine that's not derived from a truck engine. And it will probably be lighter than the I6.But Miami's even better. 360 kw anyone.
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 28d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 23/09/09 12:33 AM Posted 23/09/09 12:33 AM Wait for sure. Is there any word on what, if anything, they'll do to the power of the F6 next year?
Raging Member 348 Member For: 18y 20d Gender: Male Location: Central Qld Posted 23/09/09 01:21 AM Author Posted 23/09/09 01:21 AM If I were you I'd definitely be waiting, but that's easier said than done. Are you likely to go emo and slash your wrists the first time you see a factory supercharged v8 on the streets???Its hard to wait yes, but have had my fair share of new cars over the last few years to know to wait for a while. I even said to all my mates "I won't buy an FG, always wait for the second series as they usually sort out most of the problems and give you something more, I'll just stick with my 'phoon" and then a few months later I'm driving around in an FG..Will I slash my wrists if I see a factory supercharged V8 on the street? Depends how good it is really...though it can't be hard to beat holdens attempt at a supercharged 6 Will the new ones come in the same green though? I got Nitro blue on the T, and even though the wife likes the colour, she is in love with the green, which was a big sell point to her to get the GS hehe...Unlike some of the other limited edition fpv's they've brought out over the last few years, I don't know if this one will hold its value, or as some have done gained value, as well as others.Another question is, will the coyote be producing much more power?? Surely they will make sure the supercharged version will be up there in the price range too. Will we see anything that good in an XR8 (if they continue).From what I have read so far, they are saying "420hp Coyote" which is on par with the current 315kw GT. I'm sure with a remap the GS would have no problems matching that power without any other mods, sharing the same hardware and all...From what I got back from a dealer without my lease company looking elsewhere for a cheaper price (which they usually find) I think I could pick it up for around the 50k mark with the auto.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/09/09 04:15 AM Posted 23/09/09 04:15 AM I would wait as the 302V8 in the GS would be slower than your T. They are also doing the GS to clear the BOSS motors for the Coyote that has to be in by the 1st July 2010 for the EURO4 compliance.Another 9 months is not a long wait and I think the GS is a poverty pack FPV anyway. You could get an exdemo GT for the same money.
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 23/09/09 04:29 AM Posted 23/09/09 04:29 AM (edited) Can anyone back up the claims that the new coyote once inside an fg wiull mean that the fg's power to weight ratio will be on par with a W427? Or is this just Power to weight in the motors themselves? Edited 23/09/09 04:29 AM by mattyb
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now