Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

I agree Charlie's Blood Orange Ute is awesome! Absolutely fantastic <_<

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

Now,

I gotta say.

Saw a Blood Orange ute the othe day. Towing a great looking boat it was.

Very impressed.

Have to confess I gave him "that's tops."

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

You Asked For It..., A Ute Section

No I did'nt <_<

Anyhow, did'nt want a ute......took the demo for a spin, sat the kid on the hard cover and the little sod put scratches all over it and the spoiler trying to hang on. The the dealer expected me to pay for the respray, and the little bugger kicked up because I took the money out of his bank account. :angry:

Also the front seats lay further down in the sedan......why?......stuffed if I know, remembered once but... :D

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

A ute section, finally. I think it's a good thing the ute is quite different the the sedan in alot of ways so this will be a good place to discuss our issues. Thank to ADMIN for setting this up.

Heres a picture of my XR6T ute.

post-43-1063329388.jpg

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
So here's an idea :idea:

Now that the whole "Colour" thing seems to have run it's course, how 'bout a .... "UTE Wars!" :lol:

I'm sure Sedan owners and Ute owners each have enough pride in their rides to sustain a lengthy slanging match? :D

Let me start by saying, Ute drivers a less capable drivers than sedan drivers 'cause they only have 1/2 a car to manage! :oops:

You just can't help yourself, can you, Gandalf the HgAg!

Anytime we can meet in the same state, you're ON!

The sedan is good, I test drove one first up.

But I was lookin for a ute..... cause I don't have to worry about compromising MY needs for others! Two seats is all I needed, and all I wanted.

The ute is a practical, low cost option for getting the biggest grin on my face from Ford's new Barra Turbo.

<_<

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

Hey Tur ... Botom,

How's that Premium Sound going? :thumbsup:

B)

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Ken, I don't want to enter the "UTE Wars!" but I will say this. I don't agree with the following comment

Let me start by saying, Ute drivers a less capable drivers than sedan drivers 'cause they only have 1/2 a car to manage!

I think ute drivers are more capable than sedan drivers because we don't have the idiot proof traction control to save our butts all the time. :D

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Hey Tur ... Botom,

How's that Premium Sound going? :blink:

B)

Kenny, Kenny , Kenny.......

What are we goin' to do with you.....

you just luv lighting fires, inciting a response and trolling a line in the water.....

I guess you must love sports fishing, 'cause I'm a dumb redfin whose bitten on a bloody shiny lure......

Now, on the topic of premium sound? What premium sound! I just luv the sound of the turbo spoolin up. Besides, don't need 600 watts and 25 speakers to listen to the footy. That's real footy, Ausie rules! not that girl's game played in NSW!

As for ute driver's not being good drivers....

Hmmmmm. Most ute owners I know, have had a fair bit of time throwing their cars around in paddocks and dirt roads (usually from the age of about 7 or 8 ) and have a natural instinct for holding power slides, doing donuts and generally man handling any mechanical device on wheels.

Ford did a demographic analysis on ute and sedan drivers and came to the same conclusion.

Traction control not necessary on utes, as drivers generally had much better instincts to handle a pitching, contorted, all out power slides on anything from bulldust to bitumen.... But sedan drivers, on the other hand, required all the help they could get, especially the HgAg coloured ones, as they are once again demographically usually chosen by the grey haired, bearded old fuddys wearing their cardigans! ;)

Now let me get back to enjoying this fantastic new section in the forums dedicated to those wise and astute individuals who value the beauty and functionality of Ford's fantastic 2 door turbo!

:D :D :D

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 18d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Traction Control ?????

Isn't that used by people who don't know about car control. :D

Advantages of owning a ute---------Sorry can't take you/pick you up, I already have a passanger...

Yes I have a ute........No I'm not helping you move.......

My Utes' Webpage...........visit and admire

BARA

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

BARA, On your webpage rate the your ute at 230kW that impressive for the non-turbo engine! And your a braver man than I, I don't care how attractive that girl was there's no way she would be putting her but up on my bonnet! GT stripes on a blueprint ute are something I haven't seen before, would definately make it stand out if it doesn't already. :blink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...