Redhawk
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
2,657 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Redhawk
-
PM me, email me ([email protected]) or phone 0422889620 for more info.
-
Got my GT dynoed just after purchasing, stock bog standard, got 334.3 and 333.8kW over two runs. Must admit have not had it re-done after 2.5 years, but will get Simon to tune it soon and we shall see, would love to get his full package done to it but the 'Minister of Finance' has dusted off her cat-o-nine tails and is polishing her gimp suit so I get the sneaky suspicion the answer is a tad negative.
-
The laps come at the end......fun!!!! The program is pretty good actually, lots of talk about the handling and safety features, you get to play on the skip pan (minus traction control....wheee!!!), lots of defensive driving introduction, all in all a good day ,just pray it don't rain!
-
Totally agree bruvva, leave the high performance stuff to us experts. Of course it could be a bit embarrassing for us if they give the cops the new Tesla S, apparently it has got quiet a bit of performance. :o
-
Mate, you will not be dissappointed, bloody awesome car, do the track day too, faark!!! what fun. Manual the only way to drive too. Once the warranty is out get the thing performance tuned to get the real performance these motors can be reliably capable of.
-
Must admit the black and red combination looks overdone, Lane Ford in Mandurah have black, white and blue RSpecs in showroom and must admit the blue looks bloody good. For those interested they have the white one for sale (exdemo) for $78,000 drive away!!!!!!! :sungum: Launch Control????? GAY!!!!........ if you can't drive one of these cars correctly take lessons. Left a Harley Davidson at the lights last week, and the hairy bloke riding it was not impressed!!.....
-
Hi Mate, Have been leasing my FG GT now for 18 months, and so far the experience has been fantastic, although finding hard to get the 25,000kms up this year, might need to do a run to Adelaide and back, bugga!! Due to the fluffing up the Leasing company does with your yearly costs and if you look at cheaper insurance, tyres etc you will come out on top. For example, drive away price (leased) for me was $68,000 (new price was $83,000), with cheaper tyres, insurance and the fuel costing less per litre that was quoted in lease I have a residual in lease account of about $4,500, with the 5 year lease over the residual is $12,000, so the way I'm going I will walk away with my car, no out of pocket expenses and probably get a little cash refund as well. The kilometer quote with the new leasing arrangements and FBT the Fed Govt has bought inb does not apply to new leases (as of May 2010). So if your company will salary sacrifice your leasing costs I would reccommend it.
-
Any of you guys owning a FG have any comments on the smaller pulley for the superchargers once you have had them installed and are they worth putting on? Thinking of getting one for the Mystic when I get it tuned. Also, what is the ideal air/fuel ratio for these drive trains as Ford have de-tuned these beasts to buggery. Cheers, Al
-
Strange, would have thought the GS would have pulled about 300 - 310rwkw stock????? My GT absolutly stock pulled 334.3 rwkw both runs, will be interesting to see what it gets with the K7N filter and cat back exhaust before Simon does his magic on it!!!
-
Hi Mondie, Yep, they are pretty sweet, just done 20,000km in it and nothing of note to worry about (need to clock up 25,000km per year to dodge the FBT bullet) :o However the up side is I get to drive it more, although have just gone through the rear tyres, considering how I drive 20,000km for the rears is about right. Have enquired about a tune from Simon, just waiting to hear back from him, would like to get it done before my FPV track day in April. Mate, do yourself a favour and take one for a test drive, you will be impressed. Will give an update after EID and my trip down to Denmark. Cheers, Al
-
It's all torque guys and that's it torque, no way will a blown 6 have more torque than a charged V8, to cruise around town in 4th gear and have the torque to fairly push the car up to perform, without dropping back to 2nd is cool, of course you flakes that drive autos would not have experienced this. I suppose it's why women enjoy the pleasures of an older more experienced man rather than the quick, intense experience of a young man, it's about staying the course, why is it V8 Supercars, not blown 6 cars........ cause 6's are not Supercars........ Yeah I'm invincible I have been playing Battlefield 3 .....
-
What!!!!!!!!............. better looking car!!! Moderators!!!.......... a blasphemer.......persecute, kill the heretic!!! It's OK members, I have it on good authority CBXRT is back on his medication and should be posting an apology for his insidious remark soon. Geezus.....choked on me cornflakes I did... Each to their own mate, I'm of the old school of V8's, and to have a blown V8 is just....sweet!!
-
I LOVE my 'dog' . For the first time in my life I actually enjoy driving to work, but more so when guys see the GT and have big sloppy grins on their faces and giving me the thumbs up , then giving them a thrill bordering on a orgasmic sexual release when I knock him back a cog and give him his head, the roar from the Manta system would make a eunich go hard fair dinkum. But what really turns me on is when you scoot past a POS SS ute, stay in front of him on the speed limit then hit the freeway entry ramp, hit the curve back to 2nd (with said POS SS ute right up my backside) then.............. whooosh, roar, G forces pushing you back in your seat, into 3rd, facial skin being squeezed past your ears, the veins in your eyes are about to burst, your wisdom teeth are exposed to daylight and the POS SS ute is a itsy bitsy little dot in your rear view mirror. THAT my friends is what owning a 335 FG GT is all about, who gives a toss about 12.2365489 seconds V's 12.3681697 seconds and other dick measuring exercises at the drag strip, I bought the whole package and I am very, very pleased with the purchase and can see myself enjoying everything about this car for quite a long time. Fire away girls!!
-
Fitted mine on Thursday ($135.00 from Simon), even if I don't pick up any power gains looks heaps better than the standard pod. :good: Interestingly the standard pod has a stainless steel mesh inside it, would be a air flow restrictor I would have thought?
-
Hey Dillz after owning a turbo 6 then the BA GT and now the supercharged 5.0Lt V8.....mate, no comparison, the Coyote is bloody streets ahead of the others. And if by some mischance I get a Expensive Daewoo to beat me then it's...."Oi Simon, tune the bugger"
-
Before I get bagged for 'no pics'.... to tell the truth I did not see any reason for taking any. My local dealer (Lane Ford) had one in the other day and I gave it a good looking over and was not impressed one little bit. Yeah looked a bit stealthy but the black 'bits' were very average. The fog lights, exhust tips the black stripes...cheap looking. The black surrounds around the HID were kinda OK but you would be forever wipng the fingerprints off. The concept car at the Melbourne motor show sounded bloody good but Ford have stuffed up by not releasing that car but instead this cheap wannabe. Sure if you are an avid collector and can afford to put 8o+k bucks in storage you might make a little bit on it in say 20 or so years. So all in all I'm glad I did not hang out for one of them. OK, flak jacket is on.....fire away ladies!
-
Guys, can any of you tell me where I can get some decent posters of the FG GT 335KW beast??? Was at the Perth Car Show yesterday and could not find a single one, and don't ask me how was the Perth Car Show...... in a word, f'knterrible...... waste of 16 hard earned drinking tokens, apart from the two Lambos, a couple of Ferraris and the Aston Martin,pathetic, even the Ford display was very average, didn't even have the GT BLACK there, clothcocks.
-
Mate, glad to see a FG GT in SA, was there recently, have family there and I'm a TTG native, didn't see any FG GTs while we were there on the road (May 11) See your local Manta specialist they have a good exhaust system for around $2k, I have had my exhaust modded by my dealer, sounds very mean but a bit drony at 2,500rpm due to the centre muffler being removed, but absolutly livable, your choice, but the Manta system has the centre hot dogs from memory. Don't touch the pullys but a tune will see your rwhp up to about 550, very respectable. Maybe I'll see you cruising the Barossa Valley sometime.
-
Yeah mate, thanks, I have seen a few mystic sedans around and a Territory and must admit they all look good, nice subtle colour change. The 'Dog' has done over 5000k now and the exhaust drone at 2500rpm has quietened down and the exhaust note is a bit softer but still agressive....sweet! As I do a fair bit of freeway driving I am noticing my average economy is about 15 - 15.3 lts/100kms, and I do not drive it sedately most of the time off the freeway so am not too disappointed with the economy, if I wanted economy I would have bought a (feeling very nausious here)....... hybrid All in all I am very pleased with the car to date, I actually enjoy driving to work more.....
-
Yeah, Ford won't change the tune, environmental pirates that they are!! Will get in touch with Simon and have a little chat with him. Thanks Dags will email pics off now. Cheers. The note is quiet good, a lot more throaty than standard and the crackle when down changing is bloody awesome, and have spoke to afer exhaust blokes in town and all agree it will quieten down as it coats up etc; Great!!
-
Got a Manta cat back SS system installed last Monday, was a little disappointed at first, a bit drony, but am noticing after a few hot runs and cool offs and getting a bit of a 'soot' covering it is starting to quieten down and is starting to sound half decent, will give the system about 3-4,000 kms before bitching to my dealer, but do expect to find the note mellowing out some. Have'nt noticed any real power gains though. My dealer re-set the computer prior to the exhaust fit as I was getting a neck snapping surge when cold if I was not very gentle with the throttle, but I still reckon these cars are running too rich, I'm going to see if they can tune the car to a respectful 12.1:1 ratio if not I'll have to get a CAPA tune as I do not believe these motors should be running at a fuel/air ratio of 10:1, bloody ridiculous. Any of you guys care to comment?? PS: tried to add pics with Dag's link, but still no luck, sorry, can't help it if I'm a IT Neandertal.
-
Nup, IMHO the GT is the car to aim for....... the seats in the GT-P really turn me off.
-
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but cannot upload pics at all, getting error message 'failed' every time, any of you IT guru's got answers?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.