Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

hey all just about to go tackle the job of making sure all the bolts etc r still done up as u all aware they come lose. was just wanting to know can I just p*ss the heat shield off all together n be done with it? it is a full stocker atm still deciding on if I will keep it or sell it. I did abit of a search but didnt really get nothing.... unless im blind hahahahha

cheers Rob

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sure can, mines gone, the rattling was driving me crazy. Just leave the heatshield on the cat, but take off from cat back.

I had mine done at exhuast shop, only coast $25 and took 20mins.

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
sweet thanks mate. what about the one on the engine covering the turbo?

I took mine off to tighten all the bolts on the exhaust manifold.. I got the big half back on but struggled with the smaller bit that you have to squeeze between the oil/water lines.. I just left the smaller side off.. My dad spoke to my uncle today who works at ford and he said I should put it back on because it will make my paint fade on the bonnet above the turbo.. I dunno

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

yea that's what I said.. but he's like it goes thru it.. He has seen it happpen before.. cbf putting it on though,, once something pissed me off more then 5 mins I give up forever.. lucky it's not in the bin.. plus I know a few people who dont use any of it and have no issues

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I'd keep those on, it gets pretty hot in there with them on so I can only imagine how hot it would get without them.

It's not that hard to put back on, just remember that all of those pipes around there are bendable just be careful :)

Mine was a bitch to put back on the first time but now it slides in to place easily, I have probably modified the shape of the shield and the pipes a little last few times I've taken it off.

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

yea does get pretty hot without it,, if I put my hand at the edge of the bonnet I can feel the heat coming out.. plus the CAI pipe is right on top of it so most likely making the air hot that gets sucked in!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

^^^ u r probably right with hot air gettin suked in.

I will have a look at it another day. I only got as far as opening the bonnet lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...