qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 23/05/11 09:18 AM Author Posted 23/05/11 09:18 AM Was good to meet ya & we had some fun lol.The first race with the dato I took abit lightly & he got me but with the extra road & a gear down on the front straight I got him lol but that evo is off it's tit5 but next time I'll be ready for him with a gutful more boost/power & some descent tyres if nothing else.As for you beau I might not be an oil painting but at the least the car is lol & will be awesome catch up its been way too long my friend
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 23/05/11 10:02 AM Posted 23/05/11 10:02 AM was that lancer UDLOOZ from townsville?Looked good mate, gunna be off it's tits when it's done
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 23/05/11 11:38 AM Author Posted 23/05/11 11:38 AM Something like that but another few levels above, was making 690atw.Im pretty happy how it went regardless. but im gonna have a good crack at it next time though, we have the tchnology lol
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/05/11 10:02 PM Posted 23/05/11 10:02 PM Mate, I've been following your thread since page one!Awesome power and acceleration, putting the power down is a major problem.With some street slicks and boost I think you will be the quickest there.What about the cobra (love those cars!) Were you trying with him because it looked like he had the legs.That Evo f@ck me, 650hp in a car that weighs as much as a pack of smokes, he would get the jump most of the time due to the weight difference.Your car has inspired me to get a similar setup to yours. I want a GTX4294 twin gate setup from 6boost!I am sick of being muscled around in my BF LPG wagon by every Expensive Daewoo in Adelaide.Good luck with your future MEGA tune buddy!Cheers Alf
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 24/05/11 08:00 AM Author Posted 24/05/11 08:00 AM Was havin a crack at the cobra same with the evo but just couldn't get tyres down not to mention that cobra had big legs and the evo just had unreal traction. Your right though with the power in the right spot fixed with diff gears and of coarse some descent tyres I think we'd have a good crack. For those that are interested we're making the trip to 6boost/forced performance tomorrow to do what we need to do. Thoughts are that the pumps we're using need 24amp each at full noise to work to there potential so with the wiring we've got it's not getting enough power to them to do what they have to do. If replacing the wiring doesn't fix it we've got some bigger pumps so will have a good go a it either way, fingers crossed the head stays down as that'll be the only thing that should stop us.Talk to Kyle about what ya want to achieve and he'll point ya in the right direction. We went the gtx4202 with the 1.28 housing cause we wanted out and out power and it seems to goin the right way. You should keep alot of response with that setup but still be capable of 600plus kw.
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 24/05/11 09:47 AM Posted 24/05/11 09:47 AM Stop making excuses john the dato n the evo handed it to u
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 24/05/11 10:47 AM Author Posted 24/05/11 10:47 AM I got the dato second time round but that evo I think even with good rubber I wouldn't of got him, it's a bloody quick car and a shame it didn't stick around for the off street drags I recon it would of cleaned up
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/05/11 09:39 PM Posted 24/05/11 09:39 PM That's alot of current draw from the pumps (2x bosch 044 I presume).What about staying with a single larger capacity unit would that work? I suppose dimensions would be important because you want it to fit in the surge tank still.
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 24/05/11 10:00 PM Author Posted 24/05/11 10:00 PM The pumps are deutsch werks (not sure on spelling) & yeah it is alot of draw, it wasnt until after it was all done that the problem was pinpointed we just thought we were running out of flow. One of the boys at 6boost has the same setup but in a supra and was havin the same problem as we were later that night so he decided to have a read up on the pumps & noticed the really high draw so he changed the wiring & the afr's without touching a thing went from 12 - 12.5 to 9.5's so there pretty confident that's the issue. If we cant get the fueling we want a set of 044's will be goin in so no sweat, If it doesnt all go to plan today theres no stress in a week or so the wife will drop it back & we'll redo diff gears, cage it & see what we need to do to make a number. Once it's done what we want on a piece of paper which is yes a little ridicleous because it is just a piece of paper but hell 4 figures on a piece of paper is pretty cool lol, we'll concerntrate on making it fast on the track & iron out any little niggles the car might have.Thanks for reading the journey we're taking, I don't think the build would've been anywhere near as fun if I couldn't shared it with everyone. I hope to keep those that are interested entertained for a while longer & have some more fun in the process. I'm very excited about today, it's only 8am & I have a 2hr drive & another 2hrs on top of that before we even get there & im already nervous/excited lol.
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/05/11 03:22 AM Posted 25/05/11 03:22 AM How did you fit the 305's under the rear with the IRS setup?I have 10.5" hiro's with 275's (could go 285's) but that would be very tight!I might go back to 9.5 inch rim so they fit under the guard properly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now