Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

G'day everyone just wanted to introduce myself, I've been browsing these forums for quite a while and now that I've purchased a BF Typhoon I thought it was time to get amongst it. The info I've found on this forum has been extremely valuable leading up to my purchase, it's absolute gold dust.

The car in question is a 2006 BF Typhoon, ZF 6 speed, in Menace, it came with a CAPA Flash tuner although I'm not sure if it's been custom tuned or just running generics, the box was purchased from CAPA by INTUNE in Sydney so I've got no idea if the intune guys did a custom tune for a customer or not, that aside the car goes awesome, blows me away every time I go for a drive, the difference between my brothers BAII XR6T and the Typhoon feels like a lot more than 40 KW using the old seat of the pants method.

Anyway it didn't take long for the mods bug to bite and after researching this forum and what other people have recommended I purchased some Siemens 60 lbs injectors, a Walbro pump and a HDI Hybrid intercooler kit, although given the chance I probably would of gone for Process West of Rapids Intercooler mainly due to how much R & D those guys have put in to their products. I don't think I'll have to many problems reaching my goal of 280 - 300 reliable and repeatable RWKW once it's all installed and retuned, that job will probably be given to Simon at Xtreme Ford Tuning, I've heard a lot of good reports about there operation on these forums so he'll probably get the job

A big thanks to everyone that posts helpfull information regarding these cars on this forum, you've been a great help leading up to my purchase and I'm sure you will continue to be in the future, hopefully once I've got all my new gear installed and tuned I can get out on some of the WA cruise days.

post-36499-1248458535_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CROATIA DUBROVNICK or Perth
Posted
Congratulations, they're an awesome car.Not many in that colour too.Very nice. :lookaround:
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: logan
Posted

looks good mate,first one I've seen in that colour.

  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted

:crybaby:. Nice car and nice colour don't think there is many Typhoons built in menace.

:bopp:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Murrumbeena Vic
Posted

Welcome - I had a Menace XR6 a while ago, never thought they came out in the Typhoon's. Good to see one at last. Now when people ask, and they will OFTEN - do you say it's purple, violet or magenta?

Enjoy the new ride....

  • Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sunshine coast
Posted

wow that's sexy, welcome to the nut house

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Killer! Menace, hey, great colour there. I have such a hard time remembering let alone recognising all the subtle differences in Ford colours hahaha.

I'll get to eyeball it in person too, seeing as you're in WA WA land. See you on a cruise!!! Speaking of which, we need one soon.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hey mate, the car looks great! Was it an WA deliverd car or did you bring it over from the eastern states? should say hi to some of the people in the Wa Chit Chat too :idhitit:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...