North And Far North Queenslanders

notol

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 1d

looks like a good route, I'll be flying into cairns around 9pm the night before after a stint in Mt Isa. Nice long drive with a fair few twisty sections. Fruit bat was a good meeting spot the last time I went on a cruise.

:beerchug:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

So which way is better?

I'm thinking clockwise so the sun is behind us heading back down to Cairns and also climbing up the hills leaving Cairns I'm guessing is better than coming down them? Would welcome other's opinion on this :beerchug:

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 1d

clock wise could be ok. A stop off at the curtain fig would be a 5 min detour if you wanted a few piccies. Cheeky beer at the marina at port douglas on the way home.

• Like 1

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

the fruit bat is just past the general aviation airport turnoff on the way to smithfield, it is a small fruit stall on the side of the road. just checked my calander and I'm working on the 20th otherwise I might be interested in a run, I'm from up on the tablelands.

If you want to meet up on the tablelands after lunch I can show you a couple of nice backroads around mareeba and atherton

Edited by phantom xr6t
  • Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Okay, looks like there is a Bunnings near the foot of the hills so that's usually a good meet point as it has toilets and a large carpark and it's easy to find. So like the idea of a photo opp near the Fig Curtain at Yungaburra and a beer and lunch on the Marina at Port Douglas. Then a leisurely drive home along the coast. Looks like we have 3 definites so far. Phantom mate, would love to visit the back roads, but we may get there too early in the day for you. Shall post up a new topic on this :beerchug:

• Member For: 16y 5m 28d

The bunnings is at the bottom of the kuranda range. The route doesn't go up that range but goes up the gillies range which is near gordanvale.

• Like 1