Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

damn those ebay tyres re cheap as.

and yeah I aggree the 19s can look small.

the cars not a daily driver so 20s is a possibility man this is a tough one. its a good thing I dont have much coin at the moment so im not real serious yet but im probably leaning towards the 20s now :blush:

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted

I think 20's mate! I went from stock 17's to 20's. Other than feeling a few more bumps its pretty good!

Got some just last week off ozzytyres, they delivered to my house in melb overnight! Great to deal with.

If you go 20's, remember 245/30/20 up front if going for a 8.5'' front wheel. 35 & it'll rub on the upper ball joint.

I went for 275/30/20 at the rear as they're 10'' wide!

Also, make sure you get tyres that are load rated 93W or above otherwise its illegal & dangerous!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

When you think wheel upgrade think am I going to put big brakes on at a later date.

19's are easyer to put brakes behind eg dark agents.. mind you they make 20's in them

now.

Tyres are expensive if you want a load rated tyre..

I think I want to got for the 20's in a dark agent

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeah that's a good point man just starting the power mods at the moment, so im sure some brake upgrade will be on the fastly aproching horizon. I really like the dark agents/argents (whatever) but dont really trust replica rims, had a set on my old car a vx commo (im afraid to say) and cracked 2 on seperate occasions on piss week potholes.

  • Get on the end of it.....
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CQ
Posted
Hi guys

Im wanting to upgrade my stockies and am tossing up between 19" and 20" rims would love the 20s but the deciding factor would be the replacement tyre costs.

What have people paid for both 19s and 20 inch tyres, after prices for the cheapest ones they could get, and also prices for decent ones

Is there a huge difference?

cheers :crybaby:

22s :omg:

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted (edited)
the cars not a daily driver so 20s is a possibility

what difference does that make? mines a daily- at least 80k's a day- throught he adelaide hills! :crybaby:

I went for 275/30/20 at the rear as they're 10'' wide!

:omg:

Edited by Dagabond
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

20's, I regretted 19's an so will you.

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
what difference does that make? mines a daily- at least 80k's a day- throught he adelaide hills! :laughing:

:pics:

yeah I spose im just thinking about ride quality, at the moment its a very comfortable car so I dont want to ruin that that I have all my previous cars

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

I run 275/30/20's on the rear of my car and can buy them here in Emerald in Central Queensland for $320 fitted and balanced. My fronts are 245/30/20's and they are $260 each fitted and balanced. They are only Nankang wheels, but being so wide on the back they hook up reasonably well. My only drama is keeping the tyre pressure in them. The bloke who supplies them here doesn't make much on car tyres but most of his money on farm machinery, try finding a dealer who does both, and see if you can bring the price down on your tyres. He's doing me 285's for $370 fitted and balanced next time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...