nicholasxr8 Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: from where you'd rather be Posted 13/07/09 11:54 AM Posted 13/07/09 11:54 AM hi.I'm looking at getting some footwell neons in my car. just wondering if anyone else has done it. I want it to be switch controlled from under the dash. what exactly do I cut and connect? also can it be connected from behind the ciggy lighter or do I need to tap into the fuse panel. I aint that great with wiring. any help would be great. any tutorials around?cheers nick
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 13/07/09 12:17 PM Posted 13/07/09 12:17 PM (edited) the earth from the ciggie lighter will be fine, but you want to get a wire that has power all the time. the ciggie lighter only has power on accessory position.get a multimeter form dick smith or similar, unplug a connector under the dash behind the fuse panel and check to see which has power constantly (off/ access/ ignition). this will go to a switch. ALSO CHECK THE WIPERS AND HEADLIGHTS TO SEE IF POWER IS STILL CONSTANT. I found a power wire but it cut out when the headlights were on! Edited 13/07/09 12:18 PM by fordriver1
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/09 12:24 PM Posted 13/07/09 12:24 PM I'm looking at getting some footwell neons in my car. any tutorials around?no. and there's a good reason for this.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 13/07/09 12:56 PM Posted 13/07/09 12:56 PM (edited) check www.fullysickskylines.com Edited 13/07/09 12:57 PM by turbo.vixen
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/07/09 01:01 PM Posted 13/07/09 01:01 PM ohhhhh the poor kent just wants disco balls and sh*t look dude foot well neons are a bit lardy dar but theres plenty of (live) ccts under the foot wells just use a testing device and cut and shut it or failing that get the fully sick boys at the audobarns to do it for ya
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/09 11:46 PM Posted 13/07/09 11:46 PM lol @ lardy dar
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/07/09 01:18 AM Posted 14/07/09 01:18 AM Should put some under the car too while you're at it....
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 14/07/09 07:35 AM Posted 14/07/09 07:35 AM Leave the poor guy alone - no harm in putting some lights in.There are sometimes some light bulb sockets under the dash (1 near the glovebox) one near the fuse panel. You could rob the power for these and run your neons. That way you can turn them on and off with the light switch on the dash.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/09 07:40 AM Posted 14/07/09 07:40 AM If you've got premium sound there is a spot in both footwell for an LED, works good and heaps easier.
nicholasxr8 Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: from where you'd rather be Posted 14/07/09 07:46 AM Author Posted 14/07/09 07:46 AM o.k cheers guys. appreciate it. and u know what the say. if it dont go, chrome it. im only 18, 3rd year apprentice and on my red p's and that's why I've got a n/a. but come full license I'll be getting an xr turbo hopefully.cobrav8. I've checked and that was my firts option but I dont have the wires and plugs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now