aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 05/09/03 03:18 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:18 AM Took out a parrot with my passenger side mirror whilst driving in FNQ last year. I didn't stop.Passed by a wallaby sitting in the middle of the road driving between Tamworth and Wauchope. He didn't move an inch. Safely passed him.About a million bugs of assorted species have sacrificed themselves to the gods on the front of my car.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 05/09/03 03:19 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:19 AM My near miss was with a big black bull!I was on the Highway on a Friday evening first day of school holidays, turned on a speed and (so naturally) going very hard and as I rounded a bend, I sw a big black bull standing in the middle of the road about 100 metres away and I was closing at a rate of about 40 m/p/s. Pressed the brake and drove the peddle to the floor whilst steering away into the oncoming traffic, with just enough room to miss the bull and the oncoming cars.Needless to say the speed got away, and I was stuck there with the lights on warning others cars about the bull and waiting for the farmer.Lucky those blue trousers are wash and wear LOL Plonky, that story sounds like a lot of bull to me! :lol:
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 29d Posted 05/09/03 03:25 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:25 AM I don't seem to miss much. I have hit two roos, one wrote the car off the other coming back from Canarvon Gorge this time last year did 3 grands damage, but luckily the car was still drivable with the aid of some strong race tape, as I was a loong way from home.Roos make a mess.
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 05/09/03 03:42 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:42 AM Ken, I thought I'd turned into a Vet.I was about to give the bull a Windsorectumy with the AU XR8!It would be about as attractive as the pictures running around at the moment of the weightlifter that had a rectal prolapse! I'd hate to have been in the crowd at the time.Who said weightlifting is a load of sh*t.
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 29d Posted 05/09/03 03:48 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:48 AM I haven't seen that photo Plonky but maybe that's a good thing!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 05/09/03 03:49 AM Posted 05/09/03 03:49 AM Ken, I thought I'd turned into a Vet.I was about to give the bull a Windsorectumy with the AU XR8!It would be about as attractive as the pictures running around at the moment of the weightlifter that had a rectal prolapse! I'd hate to have been in the crowd at the time.Who said weightlifting is a load of sh*t. :lol:
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/03 12:46 PM Posted 05/09/03 12:46 PM Ate a VY Late model camira S twice on the way home today with my XR6NA. fiction of course
Guest raptorsc Guests Posted 07/09/03 08:53 AM Posted 07/09/03 08:53 AM Ed MoorhouseDid you get my return email in relation to the challenge??Cheers
Guest raptorsc Guests Posted 13/10/03 08:32 PM Posted 13/10/03 08:32 PM Hey Edmoorhouse were woz ya dude?? I assume you were working or did the missus/handbrake say no to the idea of going to the D/Strip???Anyhow it was a great night and I will for the benefit of XR6T fans here report on a Black XR6T sedan (not Ed) (manual) that was running there.He has his boost pressure modified so that it makes 9 psi at the top end and also has a larger intercooler. His times for the night were 14.08 to around 14.15, he had wheelslip in first.......like everybody else but good traction in all other gears, have a video of his start. I was suprised there was only a .3 sec difference between him and my Lancer. Good to be able to see an XR6T Ford in action.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 13/10/03 08:41 PM Posted 13/10/03 08:41 PM I had a runin with a poor Camry sportivo driver. (every time I see one I always shout out.. "Sportivoooo", cause I feel sorry for them). Anyways, killed him to the speed limit (only 60km/h) and then he bloody hooned past at about 80km/h+ weaving in and out of traffic like a loose looney. Poor sportivo driver, thinking he bought a sports car (0-100km/h in 10.4 seconds according to wheels magazine).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now