sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 28/08/03 11:16 PM Posted 28/08/03 11:16 PM Haven't "Had a go" from the lights, at least not with anything worth mentioning. Only been passed once on the hwy (NT) and that was by a CBR 1000. 3 phantom XR6 T's passed a new ss (I think?) at +180 comming back from the Katherine cruise, he was doing ~160.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 28/08/03 11:36 PM Posted 28/08/03 11:36 PM Had a rolling start go with a VT Clubbie, I got the jump on him initially (Gen 3s don't really start to go until they hit 5000rpm) but it was pretty even until we backed off at the speed limit . I had a standing start against a Skyline the other day, we weren't actually next to each other at the lights as some backward baseball cap wearing w@nker in a doof doof 6cyl Late model camira pushed in front so I was behind the Skyline. He seemed to take off slowly (I didn't want to give my car too much and end up ploughing in the back of him but when we got going it was pretty even. More even than the Clubbie. We had a second run from the next set of lights but I stuffed up and left the auto in first and couldn't work out why the car was missing and farting and wouldn't go , then I realised and changed up.The above story is completely fictional...
JJ_Phantom Member 208 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Location: ACT Posted 29/08/03 12:55 AM Posted 29/08/03 12:55 AM Oi TurboDewd,Met a Silver WRX a few nights back on Hindmarsh Drive. Typical Rexxie, BIIIGGG intercooler, BIIIGGGEEERRR Foglights. I took off from the lights, he took off also,Igot stuck into it, he got stuck into it also......and........he blew me sh*tless!! Never seen anything with so much friggin' grunt. He gave me a wave and a big grin at the Yamba lights........ahhhh I just grinned and waved back. I'll leave him be next time. :( CFlat Thanks for the warning - - If I pull up next to one looking like that around Woden... I'l let him go.
Guest EdMoorhouse Guests Posted 29/08/03 05:00 AM Posted 29/08/03 05:00 AM I watched my Laser TX3 turbo 4wd (1990) blow away an AU XR6 n/a the other day. Can't be sure who was driving but I 'm sure it happened. I think My XR6t would more than match the laser though.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 29/08/03 08:27 AM Posted 29/08/03 08:27 AM Another totally fictional account ....
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 29/08/03 08:29 AM Posted 29/08/03 08:29 AM I've never lost one at the lights! LOLI'm a bit more selective with the Dodge, usually just look for little Jap turbo's, Commodores etcHowever, if it's blown or looks like the driver know's what he's doing I'll leave it alone
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 29/08/03 08:30 AM Posted 29/08/03 08:30 AM However, if it's blown or looks like the driver know's what he's doing I'll leave it alone Disgression or ... buk, buk, buk, buk? :lol:
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 29/08/03 08:38 AM Posted 29/08/03 08:38 AM However, if it's blown or looks like the driver know's what he's doing I'll leave it alone... and take down his number and look out for him while I'm on the job ...Sorry plonky, just had to finish that for you before Ken did ... LOL
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 29/08/03 09:07 AM Posted 29/08/03 09:07 AM Maybe I should have said that 'if the passenger looks like she knows what she doing and the car is blown"
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 29/08/03 09:10 AM Posted 29/08/03 09:10 AM Maybe I should have said that 'if the passenger looks like she knows what she doing and the car is blown" or ... what if she knows what she's doing and the drivers blown?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now