KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 26/08/03 04:15 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:15 AM [Flame suit on]So, this forum doesn't condone street racing/draging and I fully understand that the following story will draw some critisism, so, if you feel opposed in any way to traffic light drags on public streets, please stop reading now.What are you still doing here Plonky? ....I have been very kind to my baby so far when it comes to dragging other cars. Two reasons, 1) new car, 2) not really sure what she can do and that whole embarrisment thing of being beaten by a Datsun 120Y cause you can't drive the car properly! :smashedtooth: Anyways ... driving back from a customer site at lunch time today, not much traffic about and feeling pretty good about life in general and what do I notice in my rear vision? An SS Ute.This guy is weaving his way through 3 lanes of traffic to catch up with me, which he does, and pulls up along side. So far so good.The lights ahead turn red and we both stop side-by-side.Lights turn green and in the nano-second it takes me to decide whether or not this is going to be my first, 100% effort, all-in, bush-or-bust traffic light drag, we're away!For the first time I notice an annoying long period of time before my baby actually starts to accelarate quickly. My bad, I guess, wrong revs at launch?Anyway, by the time I hit 2nd, this guy is about 1 car length behind me and fading away! 3rd gear and he's way back ... heart pounding, head spinning, scenary whizzing by. Back off.Round 1 to the good guys ... but hang on, I did get away from him at the line pretty quick, maybe he didn't realise we were racing? Maybe he wasn't trying and it was all my imagination?So he's beside me again, only this time we're eye-balling ... oh he knows we're racing. Next set of lights and we're back side by side, playing with revs and waiting. Green. His back wheels spin and I hear rubber burning. I've got traction control on and this time my revs at launch are a little higher. Baby launches forward, leaving smoking boy behind again. 2nd now and rev limiter starts to shut down baby's engine, back off a little and into 3rd. SS still in rear view, heart still pounding, genitals tingling! Back off in preparation of next lights.Side by side and eye-balling again. It was obvious that we weren't going to get to stop fully at the next set of lights. A rolling start. Side by side doing about 40klms/hr. 2nd gear. Green. Launch. No contest, this guy is mine!Back off and let him up along side. Knowing nod (from me) and then he turns off into a side street.My first experience in the new car and I just want to go and find a Clubbie or something else to play with ...I LOVE THIS CAR!!! :smashedtooth:
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/08/03 04:25 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:25 AM And yes, this forum, it's owners and moderators do not condone street racing.Must of been a 110 Zone
XR6PSI Member 80 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Posted 26/08/03 04:25 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:25 AM yes as we all know these forum does not condone street / drag racing....but always good to hear that our babys are wasting the competition .......good work on your number 1 kill Ken we or I at least am proud and also just typical of a Late model camira to try again even though it already lost..maybe they condone multiple offences
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/08/03 04:27 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:27 AM Sounds like you let some steam out.. hehehe
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 26/08/03 04:31 AM Author Posted 26/08/03 04:31 AM Sounds like you let some steam out.. hehehe Who need drugs? Honestly!!! I'm still on a high ... it's true what they say:"Can't get enough of this"
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Location: Geelong Posted 26/08/03 04:34 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:34 AM
cramorr Kia Sorento Legacy Donating Member 157 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Location: Awakino New Zealand Posted 26/08/03 06:14 AM Posted 26/08/03 06:14 AM tips hat to Ken Well done mate!! and of course 6000 rpm in 3rd is only 72km/hr
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/08/03 06:32 AM Posted 26/08/03 06:32 AM onya Kenny.... and I thought you were truly an old bearded grey fart! :D Now, have you got that HSV stamp made yet, for each road kill, that you stamp on your driver's door huh? huh? just like in WWII with the dogfights? huh? huh?nothin' gives a bigger sense of satisfaction than blowin the opposition away....cheers
bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 26/08/03 06:41 AM Posted 26/08/03 06:41 AM Of course there is no such thing as DRAG RACING on the streets as we all know drag racing is a regulated sport measured over 1/4 mile with timing equipment, rules governing cars, etc., etc.. I will admit however that STREET RACING does happen & exsist. That said you are lucky Ken because as of yet no one in an SS or similar has wanted to play! They look, then they look again & think better of it!!!!! THEY KNOW!!!!
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Posted 26/08/03 06:57 AM Posted 26/08/03 06:57 AM Haha I know the feeling when u first try out your new car... Im sure when u rolled up to the lights your foot on the clutch was shaking in anticipation of the green lights
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now