stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Posted 30/04/09 04:47 AM Posted 30/04/09 04:47 AM Hey guys got an issue with my stock 04 BA XR6T auto. I took it to the tuner yesterday to get a base run prior to fitting this cooler http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-215006358.htm which it made 193rwkw. I took it into get tuned today with the new cooler fitted and he tells me the car just wont allow him to run anymore boost. He thinks the cooler maybe too big for the turbo, but that shouldnt be right?! Alot of you have far bigger coolers. Hes check all the basics and will get it on the hoist and check everything again, but does any one have any ideas?? Apparently it just wont make more boost. They tuned a stock T recently and it made 246rwkw so they must have a fair idea what to do with them. I know the simple idea would be re-fit the stock cooler and see if that changes it but after the ordeal to get the other one on in the first place that's the last thing I want to do.Thanks
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 30/04/09 09:03 AM Posted 30/04/09 09:03 AM Your link just took me to a site with cars for sale?
stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Posted 30/04/09 09:05 AM Author Posted 30/04/09 09:05 AM After searching the forums I am leaning towards the wastegate actuator being the issue here. I see ravenhard had a problem, he made 195rwkw stock, and 205rwkw on 10psi. that would compare with my 193rwkw stock and my tuner could only get mine to run 7psi which made 205rwkw. when we bolted the cooler up I checked all joins and I cant see any issues with that now. I've done boost solenoid maintenence twice over the past 6 months so that's sweet. any thoughts or advice as to what to do now would be great. cheers
stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Posted 30/04/09 09:07 AM Author Posted 30/04/09 09:07 AM (edited) weird works for me.......sorry guys my internet skills are average Edited 30/04/09 09:07 AM by stevet
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 30/04/09 09:07 AM Posted 30/04/09 09:07 AM Run the standard cooler and see what happens
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/04/09 09:23 AM Posted 30/04/09 09:23 AM Could be a boost leak or a stuffed cat or muffler etc.
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 30/04/09 09:54 AM Posted 30/04/09 09:54 AM I see ravenhard had a problem, he made 195rwkw stock, and 205rwkw on 10psi. that would compare with my 193rwkw stock and my tuner could only get mine to run 7psi which made 205rwkw.difference is even though I had a 10psi tune it was getting 5psi of boost. Meaning it wasnt able to hold any higher boost(than stock) due to weak spring. If you can get 7 or 8 I reckon it would be a different issue.
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 30/04/09 10:02 AM Posted 30/04/09 10:02 AM I have the HDi cooler and had no issues with getting her tuned. The HDi cooler isnt that big compared to some. Id be looking elsewhere.
stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Posted 30/04/09 10:56 AM Author Posted 30/04/09 10:56 AM difference is even though I had a 10psi tune it was getting 5psi of boost. Meaning it wasnt able to hold any higher boost(than stock) due to weak spring. If you can get 7 or 8 I reckon it would be a different issue.I still see the two situations in a similar light. Boost delivery is there although sluggish and will only go to a certain level. I think its the same issue. I am confident all pipe connections at tight. If I the actuator check does the turbo need to come off?
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 30/04/09 12:10 PM Posted 30/04/09 12:10 PM if he is a real mechanic your tuner should be able to do a few simple tests to determine your problem.not being rude here but mabee you need a new tuner.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now