Adrian_F6 Large Member Member 551 Member For: 18y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: In The Sticks Posted 27/06/09 09:56 AM Posted 27/06/09 09:56 AM What has changing the turbo got to do with having a plenum.Answer this question, have you had an XR6T/F6 with standard plenum then have an aftermarket plenum fitted?has lots to do with it.only need a plenum if your chasing more than 400 ish, and if you are chasing more than 400 you need a new turbo anywayz.
CHLAXN Legacy Donating Member 932 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: north QLD Posted 27/06/09 09:57 AM Posted 27/06/09 09:57 AM have I missed something ? A plenum will give you better spool up, better power at less boost and reduce the need toupgrade the turbo as soon that's what I thought........
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 27/06/09 09:58 AM Posted 27/06/09 09:58 AM lol Tocchi :tosser:Who needs nazel delivery technology when you have that.As long as you leave the standard rocker cover & garnish on, and leave the top of the air & fuse box's the way they are, I think it'll remain the best engine bay I have seen on a 6T :tosser:It's a shame about the owner though Sorry, but there is a change in the wind.have I missed something ? A plenum will give you better spool up, better power at less boost and reduce the need toupgrade the turbo as soonAgreed. Throttle response is improved dramatically.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 27/06/09 09:59 AM Posted 27/06/09 09:59 AM has lots to do with it.only need a plenum if your chasing more than 400 ish, and if you are chasing more than 400 you need a new turbo anywayz. Disagree with both comments and obviously you know more then most. Once a sheep always a sheep.
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 9d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/06/09 10:00 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:00 AM :tosser:has lots to do with it.only need a plenum if your chasing more than 400 ish, and if you are chasing more than 400 you need a new turbo anywayz. :tosser:
Adrian_F6 Large Member Member 551 Member For: 18y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: In The Sticks Posted 27/06/09 10:00 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:00 AM have I missed something ? A plenum will give you better spool up, better power at less boost and reduce the need toupgrade the turbo as soonfiring you peanuts up is easy..better spool up ok, minimal though...., better power @ less boost.... who cares? there is a limit of pwr the stockos turb will go anywayz, and it will do it with the standard plenum.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 27/06/09 10:02 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:02 AM I see your car is making a whopping 390rwkw. Nice. Ever been down the drags?
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 27/06/09 10:06 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:06 AM Sorry a bit off topic here.I've read that plenums suck power from your car... is this crap? I don't see how they would. Isn't the whole idea of a plenum to shorten the pipework and make everything flow better.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 27/06/09 10:07 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:07 AM haha someone told you a good one there mate. Its not a supercharger.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 27/06/09 10:14 AM Posted 27/06/09 10:14 AM Crikey.......go put a plenum on and then come and tell us it wasn't worth it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now