ardi Member 117 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Posted 15/01/10 12:55 AM Posted 15/01/10 12:55 AM Has anyone done anymore with this??? Or has anyone heard of kits that spra nitros onto the face of the I/c? If so where they can be purchased??
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/10 03:10 AM Posted 15/01/10 03:10 AM I could be wrong but I thought it was the evaporation that cools the cooler down therefore temp if water irrelevant???Yep, you want a superfine atomisation of the spray to maximise the effect. The latent heat of evaporation is huge, which is why the cooling is so effective.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 15/01/10 03:58 AM Posted 15/01/10 03:58 AM Has anyone done anymore with this??? Or has anyone heard of kits that spra nitros onto the face of the I/c? If so where they can be purchased??Cannot find decent nozzles as yet before I start playing around! Anyone done anything more??
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 15/01/10 09:29 AM Author Posted 15/01/10 09:29 AM nah, I kinda put it on the back burner for a while. been too busy with other mods- ie red angel eyes
dalts Member 755 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/01/10 09:47 PM Posted 15/01/10 09:47 PM ive got a couple of nozzles of my water meth kit spare that I wont ever use,they atomize extremely well,just pm me if anyone wants them and ill post them offcheers lee
45T-XR Legacy Donating Member 417 Member For: 19y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, Queensland Posted 30/09/10 06:34 AM Posted 30/09/10 06:34 AM only prob is trying to keep the water cool.I seen some dodgy setup with washer bottles and sprayers. waste of time I recon.how hot days are we talkin anyway.Most intercoolers should be fine with 25-30 degree days.Ive played around with a few of these, with jet/nozzles sizes etc, I dont thing the temp of the water itself would be a huge problem, its more to do with the quantity of water sprayed over the cooler and not enough does nothing, and too much water does a similar thing, as you need the water to evaporate which is what pulls the heat out of the cooler, The first set up I made to test the idea was primitive and used garden srinkler type nozzles which were a "spray" pattern, it worked sh*thouse, I then went to a "mist" set of nozzles and bam, a thousand percent better.
Twinpiston Member 133 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisvegas Posted 12/12/10 10:38 PM Posted 12/12/10 10:38 PM Looking at doing this for my Territory, after a few hours on the dyno and inlet temps reaching 170 degrees Is there any further you guys have gone?
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 12/12/10 11:25 PM Posted 12/12/10 11:25 PM Dalts had the nozzles for free back in Jan as his post suggests. They are premo nozzles but think you would need a decent pump to atomise the water through them as the pump that comes with the water/meth kit is 4.5lt/min at 220psi.Better off buying this kit like I did while the dollar is still good-My linkRay076 and I got ours for Aus $360 delivered each as we offered US$270 each for them so try even lower I suppose!
Twinpiston Member 133 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisvegas Posted 13/12/10 01:02 AM Posted 13/12/10 01:02 AM Thanks bjc, looks like a good kit, except for the postage..... $110 to Oz
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 13/12/10 04:48 AM Posted 13/12/10 04:48 AM Yeah I know the postage is crap but the kit is the cheapest out of all the snow kits on ebay. They sucker you in by coming up first as being the cheapest! that's why we bought two as the second one was half price delivery and offered $30US less each per kit.Its so fcking hot here in Townsville atm that I hope the kit will show its true colours and shine
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now