MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 17/03/09 06:40 AM Posted 17/03/09 06:40 AM Was driving on a 2 way street the other morning, was early so it was dark, and oncoming cars didnt help my vision (headlights). There was a Rav 4 with a camera etc.. strapped to it facing me on the otherside of the road, IMO 'getting' the cars going the opposite way to me.. Anyway I didnt see said rav4. I passed a car going the opposite way and a few seconds later all I see is flashes.. Basically what I wanna know is can you get done by the camera going in the opposite way to how its faced... Im under the impression that if your coming from behind the camera and pass it, it can detect ya and if your speeding you get caught, can it do it when your driving passed facing it on the other side of the road?Yes I was speeding, was doin nearly 80 in a 70 zone... And for those of you that know it was on Ballarto rd in seaford, so it wasnt 'dangerous' or anything...
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 17/03/09 06:52 AM Posted 17/03/09 06:52 AM yeah I think they can get you from both ways, they have cameras on both ends
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 17/03/09 06:53 AM Posted 17/03/09 06:53 AM Alot of cars are set up to get you both ways, looks like you will have to wait and see if a speed Tax letter turns up in the mail box.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 17/03/09 06:55 AM Author Posted 17/03/09 06:55 AM Argh crap... There goes another point!!
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 24/03/09 05:11 AM Author Posted 24/03/09 05:11 AM Well turns out you can... 1 point and $142..
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 24/03/09 05:44 AM Posted 24/03/09 05:44 AM thanks for providing the forum a practical demonstration regarding cameras detecting you face on. ouch about the fine though, how many points left??
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/03/09 06:35 AM Posted 24/03/09 06:35 AM Don't worry MiKa. Its all to help you and others on the road be safe you know, you HOON you . What a joke, the Govt will stop at nothing anymore to steal your hard earned.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 24/03/09 07:03 AM Posted 24/03/09 07:03 AM (edited) sorry mika but love your reply to yourself " Well turns out you can... 1 point and $142..", just gold Edited 24/03/09 07:03 AM by turbo.vixen
bluey1 Member 68 Member For: 17y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/03/09 07:03 AM Posted 24/03/09 07:03 AM While on the topic...for those who don't know, apparently you can get off a speeding fine if it is less than 10km/h over the limit and you havn't had any offenses over the past 2 years. Sure made my day when I found out. Just search victoria police in google and go to the speeding or something section and look under official warning or pardon or something along the lines.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 24/03/09 07:51 AM Author Posted 24/03/09 07:51 AM XTB, well its only my second speeding fine I've ever gotten.. The first one I got was overturned cause I wrote a letter saying I had a good record, I was unfamiliar with the area at the time etc.. and got off... So yeah 2 more since. So I should have 8 points left now.Doc, yeah these cars make it so easy to speed its not funny, just a second of no concentration and a twitch of the foot and your over.. Wouldnt trade it in for anything though, well.. maybe your Phoon heheTurbo.vixen glad to have made your day just that much more enjoyable hehehe. I knew exactly what was in the envelope when I saw it too, my reaction "f*ck I bet I got done" and yeah.. oh well you play you pay, in this case it goes for everyone who drives eyKeep an eye out guys, they is everywhere...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now