XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 04/03/09 05:01 AM Posted 04/03/09 05:01 AM you shouldnt damage the box shifting it manually san its more downgearing that the boxes dont like upgearing is ok.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 04/03/09 05:15 AM Posted 04/03/09 05:15 AM (edited) Im worried that I might shift it too soon or too late hence why I want to leave it in perf mode for best possibile results but, some ppl say during manual mode just look at the revs and change accordingly but I'd rather be looking out on the road? Edited 04/03/09 05:21 AM by Varaitch
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/03/09 05:26 AM Posted 04/03/09 05:26 AM You don't have to do much steering on the Drag strip San. Just put it in performance mode for your first run to get a feel for the track and the way your car comes off the line, then use the manual mode to play around with shift points once you are comfortable in the car.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 04/03/09 05:39 AM Posted 04/03/09 05:39 AM Thanks guys will give it a try. I've heard that Calder is currently closed till Sept? Is this true?
Guest Guests Posted 04/03/09 06:01 AM Posted 04/03/09 06:01 AM Definitely drive in manual mode San & shift before redline. Your dyno printout will be the best indicator of shift points but generally ~5200 - 5500rpm is best for 1-2 & 2-3, then hold 3rd
PAZZ Legacy Donating Member 108 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melb. Northern suburbs Posted 04/03/09 07:30 AM Posted 04/03/09 07:30 AM Thanks guys will give it a try. I've heard that Calder is currently closed till Sept? Is this true? http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/ Hey San, its only 1 hour and a bit up the road from Calder.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 04/03/09 07:40 AM Posted 04/03/09 07:40 AM (edited) Thanks for the suggestion but I really dont want to traveling that far m8! I would be driving like 4 hrs from just getting there and coming back so yeah it can get a bit tiring... But if I find I cannot resist, than I'll have to head off to Heathcote unless Calder re-opens soon enough.... Edited 04/03/09 07:42 AM by Varaitch
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 04/03/09 09:08 AM Posted 04/03/09 09:08 AM You don't have to do much steering on the Drag strip San.that's what they told this guy
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/03/09 09:09 AM Posted 04/03/09 09:09 AM Some say just leave it in perf mode and some say drive it manually by flat shifting between 5800-6100rpm's? It's auto. Why would you get off the gas?
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Gender: Male Posted 04/03/09 09:32 AM Posted 04/03/09 09:32 AM It's auto. Why would you get off the gas?lolIdd stay with the PERF mod in the 4 speed, I always run in that and have had good results, when I try man shifting I always, always run a sht time.Its a big rush going down the strip and I dont wont to worry about getting perfect shifts. Espically when your auto is tuned to shift perfect
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now