HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 07/02/09 12:19 AM Posted 07/02/09 12:19 AM Hey Guys,Im about to get a full turbo back custom system on my FG F6 ute. The car is stock at the moment and ive booked in to get a system done next Monday. Im intending on doing alot of work to the car and am aiming to get over the 400rwkw mark by the end of the year.Should I go for a 3'5" system of 4" system? Will the 3'5" system support 400rwkw?Any advice will help.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 07/02/09 12:22 AM Posted 07/02/09 12:22 AM If you are looking for big power then I would go the 4"
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 07/02/09 12:51 AM Posted 07/02/09 12:51 AM Go for 4inch
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 07/02/09 08:03 AM Posted 07/02/09 08:03 AM (edited) I would be going for 4 inch with that much power as a goal.Benny Edited 07/02/09 08:03 AM by Benny
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 07/02/09 08:33 AM Author Posted 07/02/09 08:33 AM I would be going for 4 inch with that much power as a goal.BennyBut the exhaust will be stage one as well as bigger injectors, anti surge, CAI (SS Growler at first then within 2 months I'll do the battery relocate) and custom tune. Will a 4inch perform poorly before I get to 370rwkw?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 07/02/09 08:40 AM Posted 07/02/09 08:40 AM I believe you may loose a little middle range torque, but its better than having to spend more money on a new system later on.
fgxrt01 Member 32 Member For: 17y 7m 27d Posted 07/02/09 09:14 AM Posted 07/02/09 09:14 AM I have over 400rwk with my 3.5inch (APS) on my fG
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 07/02/09 09:44 AM Posted 07/02/09 09:44 AM But the exhaust will be stage one as well as bigger injectors, anti surge, CAI (SS Growler at first then within 2 months I'll do the battery relocate) and custom tune. Will a 4inch perform poorly before I get to 370rwkw?If you're going to do it in stages, I wouldn't worry about the exhaust just yet. And the SS Growler? Save yourself the money and just buy the lower half and snorkel to suit the XR8. It was worth 11rwkW in my car.(Not an F6 though).The cat will probably be your restriction before the exhaust needs upgrading.You'd probably need to be looking at the intercooler in your first stage of mods as it won't support much more than standard power through it.
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 07/02/09 09:48 AM Author Posted 07/02/09 09:48 AM PWR are making me a cooler this weekend, so it is the first mod. The growler was free, so wasnt too fussed about throwing it in and have actually been suprised with how well it actually works.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 08/02/09 09:43 AM Posted 08/02/09 09:43 AM Hiro F6,Nizpro have successfully tested a 4 inch exhaust with no issues so I wouldn't be too worried about it being too big until you get your power up. I'll be investing in one when nizrpo release theirs.I hope your going to post pics and details of all your mods, would be great to see it all coming together.Benny
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now