Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I remember a relatively small thread dedicated to asking is it worth spending money on bigger brakes when the real difference is in the tyres.

Scotty

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Both genuine & replica FPV rim in 18 & 19 sizes will clear 4 & 6 pot brembos, all genuine ford 18's (Except BF) will clear brembos aswell. The new FG 19's wont clear them as the rim doesnt have enough clearqance behing it.
I can assure you, the FG XR 18" "Y" mags will not clear 4 pot Brembo's, as the wheel spokes won't clear the caliper. :thumbsup:

:stupid:

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

:blush:

The supposed reason behind the BF FPVs not getting DSC was because they were too tight to recalibrate the programming for the bigger brakes :stupid:

It's expensive I hear :thumbsup:

Same reason the F6X has 17s...

Posted
:crybaby:

Did I not write that the FG 19" rims dont clear brembo's, im assuming most guys on here are bright enough to work out that the 19's are going to have the same offset/backspacing which wont allow you to run the FG 18's either.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Well obviously I'm not bright, as I interpreted your statement the same as Tab did.

And don't the FPV wheels run the same offset / backspace as the Ford ones, or do their vehicles run a wider track? I thought it was the design of the wheel, not the offset, that prevented them clearing the Brembo's?

Same reason the F6X has 17s...

Hasn't the F6X got 18"s ?

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
all genuine ford 18's (Except BF) will clear brembos aswell.
I can assure you, the FG XR 18" "Y" mags will not clear 4 pot Brembo's, as the wheel spokes won't clear the caliper. :sleepystuff:

If we're gettin all ancy over the technicalities... :thumbsup:

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

That was the point I was (unsuccessfully) trying to make. :crybaby:

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Hasn't the F6X got 18"s ?

What ever size :tease: My point was, people are always complaining it doesnt have 20+ inch rims on it... This is why

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...