RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/09 01:19 AM Posted 04/01/09 01:19 AM Anyone have pics of the motorcycle tie down kit that was offered by Ford on BA/BF utes? I am just interested to see how they have done it and what mounting points they used, as I will be making something similar. Thanks guys.
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 04/01/09 06:09 AM Posted 04/01/09 06:09 AM its not really needed mate, there are allready tie down points in the corners
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/09 07:32 AM Posted 04/01/09 07:32 AM ???
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/09 09:40 AM Author Posted 04/01/09 09:40 AM Kevo: Thanks for the reply, but while I am making rope rails for the sides, I am going to make a rail for the front. I was just interested to see how Ford had done the front rail. Tab: ???, ???.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/09 10:53 AM Posted 04/01/09 10:53 AM ...as in what tie-down points are already there?
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/09 11:27 AM Author Posted 04/01/09 11:27 AM I think he is talking about the ones in each of the front corners, and on each side just before the tailgate?? BTW they suck, hence making new ones.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 06/01/09 12:06 AM Posted 06/01/09 12:06 AM no there is an actual "motorbike kit" offered optional, a guy here years ago showed pics but it was crap as...just stick with the corner brackets they do the job, just check the bolts every now and then they tend to work lose.
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/01/09 12:42 AM Posted 06/01/09 12:42 AM (edited) the factory points are sufficient..I've had one bike and two bikes tied in mine off the standard points no worries, I've even done 400+km trips with a bike in the back no issues at all... Edited 06/01/09 12:43 AM by Mr Man
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/01/09 01:28 AM Author Posted 06/01/09 01:28 AM Thanks for the replies guys, I am already making side rails and I was going to just make one for the front. I'll be able to make something no problems, was just interested to see how Ford has done it. But if it's crap I'll go with my own design. Thanks again.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 06/01/09 02:02 PM Posted 06/01/09 02:02 PM the only thing id add for motorbikes would be another tie down point in the middle section at the front, a simple eyelet wouldnt be hard to add, just make sure if u secure one in there that its bolting through the structual steel not just the plastic tub.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now