KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 02:27 AM Posted 06/08/03 02:27 AM Don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but I couldn't help noticing that lots of people in other cars and on foot are compelled to look at my new car. Don't think I'm delusional, just yet? I went up the coast and stopped at the Caltex for food, and as I walked in, past a couple, the lady said "nice car", the bloke just stood there nodding, learing at the car. I imagined the conversation after that would be all about convincing her that they should get one. :D I then went for a trip down south and noticed that on the highway, people would speed up from behind me, and then sit on my tail for quite a while, then move along side me and keep level for a bit. At traffic lights, people pull up along side and generally miss the green light, cause they're looking across at me car! Clearly they were just checking out the new T and I gotta tell you, it made me feel really good to know that so many people liked my car. I even have Expensive Daewoo drivers checking her out. B) "Can't get enough of this."
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 06/08/03 02:31 AM Posted 06/08/03 02:31 AM Yes, I have noticed this too, but not as much now as to when I first picked my car up in January. They were rarer then. I reckon the best thing is all the (positive) comments by the Expensive Daewoo guys!
Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 06/08/03 02:36 AM Posted 06/08/03 02:36 AM Awesome feeling isn’t it! The XR attracts some serious attention (particularly in little old Hobart!) I've gotten so used to people checking out and talking about the car that I hardly think about it any more. Actually that’s a damn stinking lie; I still get a major buzz every time I see a heard turn :D
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 06/08/03 03:08 AM Posted 06/08/03 03:08 AM I'm with you Xr6Tas.Ain't it great.Oh, and I hope you all are keeping up the little wave of knowing acknowledgement to your fellow XR pilots!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 06/08/03 03:58 AM Posted 06/08/03 03:58 AM It is great. Hell even the N/A gets a few "Nice car duuuuude" 's shouted our way.I've said it before, I've even had people half hanging out of their vehicles just to get a better look.Hmmm.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 06/08/03 04:08 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:08 AM Don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but I couldn't help noticing that lots of people in other cars and on foot are compelled to look at my new car. Don't think I'm delusional, just yet? :o Sure there not checking you out Ken heheheIt's a great car and deserves checking out :punchhead:
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 04:21 AM Author Posted 06/08/03 04:21 AM I'm just waiting for the day when I can use the panic button on a group of admiring teen boys ... FAF! :lol:
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 06/08/03 04:28 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:28 AM Yeah she does certainly attract the looks...
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 22d Location: Perth Posted 06/08/03 04:44 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:44 AM I'm just waiting for the day when I can use the panic button on a group of admiring teen boys ... FAF! I admit the T attracts a good deal of attention, but what do you use the panic button for? Attract more admiring teen boys or scare them. :lol:
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/08/03 06:04 AM Posted 06/08/03 06:04 AM The panic button is good...Nothing worse than admiring people leaving fingerprints all over a freshly polished paint job!!I know what you mean Ken, I used to be the guy missing green lights, speeding up to look at the XR's, now I am experiencing everyone doing the same to me :DThe amount of people comming up to me at servo's is amazing, half of them just look and say nice car, others get into full conversations. Some people even ask to see the engine and hear it roar...I love every minute of it :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now