RK2707 Member 59 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Location: The Shire....where else........ Posted 05/08/03 11:12 AM Posted 05/08/03 11:12 AM Has anyone had wheel balance problems yet, 17 or 18 inch wheels ? I drove out of the dealer with wheel wobble and a vibration through the floor and got it fixed a week later with a wheel balance. One of the rear wheels was, get this, out 100 grams ! The wheel shake has returned yet again If anyone has had this prob let me know what the dealer has told you or has done to fix it. I'm interested to hear different opinions before it goes back to be repaired.
Guest GIANT Guests Posted 05/08/03 01:28 PM Posted 05/08/03 01:28 PM hi robI have two xr ba utes both with 18 inch wheels,we had wheel balance issues and also front alignment issues. the wheels were balanced twice and both times the shudder came back, was really annoying at about 90kph, I had the tyres replaced at 10 000klm :(, I it is a completely different car to drive, absolutelyno balance issues (I have done 4000 klm on them) but the biggest improvement is the car does not follow the ruts in the road at all, so much better now! some how I dont think the problem will ever be really fixed with the rubber that's on the car.I also read about another guy having to get all heres tyres replaced, the dealer paid for his.cya russ
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/08/03 12:01 AM Posted 06/08/03 12:01 AM I got a tailshaft vibration, similar feel to what you are experiencing but a different problem.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 12:02 AM Posted 06/08/03 12:02 AM I got a tailshaft vibration ... Could be diet?
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 06/08/03 12:45 AM Posted 06/08/03 12:45 AM Yeah....less of the complex carbo hydrates and take some activated charcol tablets, will fix that little problem :D
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 06/08/03 01:17 AM Posted 06/08/03 01:17 AM The balance on mine was pretty shocking from the dealer. Once again makes it hard to justify "pre delivery inspection" doesnt it.Had it done in the first week, and it wasnt too bad. Now with 18000Km it needs to be done again. Will take it to the local tyre shop on Friday. Between the tyres and the shuddering brakes my poor old thing is a shakey old place to be at the moment
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 06/08/03 02:00 AM Posted 06/08/03 02:00 AM I got a tailshaft vibration ...Could be diet? Good to see the "real" Ken back, not this wishy washy imposter we've been putting up with for the last week or so! :lol:
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 06/08/03 03:36 AM Posted 06/08/03 03:36 AM mine had a problem at about 5000kms and the dealer replaced all four 17in tyres. I believe that the tyres had flat spots on them. I'm not sure that I like these tyres, although they grip really well. I preffered the dunlop fm901 I had on my auxr8.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Posted 06/08/03 04:42 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:42 AM utes can vibrate something shockinga anti-axle-tramp clamp kit can help with the harmonic vibrations at speed .... works for me..
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 06/08/03 04:45 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:45 AM stay away form spicy or chilli food...generally takes care of tailshaft vibration
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now