Guest Spinifex Guests Posted 03/12/08 09:32 AM Posted 03/12/08 09:32 AM When do you finish and whats the plan. Stan?I`ve been at work, since march 2007 virtually non-stop. I worked every public holiday last year bar xmas day... worked near 3 months straight there at one stage.Started a new gig straight after easter this year, I`ve done 12 hour days plus saturdays all this year.. I`m due for a break. Seriously.I finish up on the 19th YAY!!! Go back on the 5th of jan 2009, Booooo.I`ll do something with my 2 sons for sure, dunno what yet..Drive down to Western Plains Zoo maybe ( fuel is cheap.. atm.. ) Or fly down to Melbourne Zoo. I dunno..What are you doing, G?
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/12/08 10:00 AM Posted 03/12/08 10:00 AM I finish in two weeks... (not sure of the date???)And go back Jan 28th I think (I dunno...)I am a teacher, but unfortunately the timetabler as well, so I will no doubt be working half of the holidays, including probably trying to interview new staff etc... when others ring me and tell me they are going elsewhere! Looking forward to not having to get up in the morning... :-) And just watching cricket etc...Will probably try and take my 1 year old to the zoo or beach and parks etc... She loves being outside...Enjoy the time off mate. Sounds like you deserve it! (And need it) Sometimes you have to remember that you need to live... Not just work your life away... Which seems to be what is happening to people more and more... Society demands it... Kinda sux...
Sleeper6T Member 356 Member For: 18y 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/12/08 10:08 AM Posted 03/12/08 10:08 AM I work in retail so going right through non stop except for xmas day and boxing day. Other than a couple extended weekend trips ( friday-monday etc ) I havent had a holding for a good 18 months and even then it was forced leave as I had too much of it so just did some stuff around the house. The last actual holiday I went on was about 4 years ago spent 5 days in Perth which was freakin awesome !!
Guest Spinifex Guests Posted 03/12/08 10:11 AM Posted 03/12/08 10:11 AM Can a mod move this to off topic?? I need new glasses...
Mat Legacy Donating Member 2,930 Member For: 19y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: Caracciola Karussell Posted 03/12/08 10:25 AM Posted 03/12/08 10:25 AM I finish on Christmas Eve and go back the day after boxing day..Least the money should be rollin in
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/12/08 11:00 AM Posted 03/12/08 11:00 AM Last day is the 24th go back the 5th
Trucka Member 375 Member For: 18y 16d Gender: Male Location: Maroochydore Posted 03/12/08 11:33 AM Posted 03/12/08 11:33 AM hopin to finish on the 19th and will be back on the 5th.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 03/12/08 12:01 PM Posted 03/12/08 12:01 PM Finish on the 19th, road trip to Canberra on the 2nd Jan (love road trips )and start work on the 16th.
Raging Member 348 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Location: Central Qld Posted 03/12/08 12:39 PM Posted 03/12/08 12:39 PM I finish at 7:30pm on christmas eve, and back 6:30pm for nightshifts starting on boxing day....would hate to see a mine lose money by allowing us a little more time off
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 03/12/08 09:54 PM Posted 03/12/08 09:54 PM Fnish on the 24th (probably a half day), off to Vanuatu on the 28th, back to work on the 12th.Whatever I do it won't be long enough, and the first week back to work will be a struggle.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now