Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

ROFL funny farkers!!!

dont be a sap and spend $24k on a ring then $10k on 2 wedding bands cause she didnt know if she wanted plain or diamond studded, and then another 50 odd k on the wedding like a mate of mine did !!!!!!!

spend within ya means and get an idea of what she likes.. internally flawless to VVS2 can look identical to the naked eye and an F or G colour can look the same as a D.. so basically dont get hung up on the specs as it were but its everyday street performance..

and of course boutique/exclusive places will always charge more for the same type of stone!

  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted
OOHHH the old engagement ring drama....I'm there at the moment, I will be happy if I can get away with 2 month wages...She told me I need to spend one more $1 on her than I have with the F6...Lets see Full xforce exhaust, drilled injectors, oil cooler, engine built, plugs, tune, turbo mod etc....now that's what she is doing her sums on and I can handle that cause she thinks its 8g's in total, however I just ordered the Race plenum kit and surge tank from process west. If she add that I'm in trouble.

:tonguepoke: just to reassert herself as the dominant female of the pack!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I knew roughly what my wife wanted but we still went and picked a stone from a mate of mine who is a jeweller.

If you can get away with going just under a carat it is a good decision, once over, the price goes a bit crazy.

We new it would have to be made as the "minister for war" only has rose gold jewellery. (we looked at different settings, band width, height the stone should sit etc, etc, etc.)

It was still a surprise when I gave it too her as she thought it would be several weeks off.

As far as what to spend, I could have bought a brand new TTR-250 with full riding gear and extras, instead she got a ring. (something I remind her of when she gives me the s...s)

Good luck.

Pete

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

Design it yourself if you can (or with her to make sure you don't f_cuk up royally) @ a price you think she's worth - I didn't have that much money at the time :beerchug: (still went with ~ two months gross wages as it turned out although I never set her a budget, there was none.. this was when the 'norm' was 1 month..)

Try to make it personal - the wife has a love heart diamond in hers, with pinks in the eternity ring (make sure the engagement can have an eternity placed next to it) She designed her engagement, I designed the eternity - I think that was a nice touch..

Don't get a stupidly high solitaire, they catch on everything and she will forever bitch about that

Never tell her what it cost

Never bring up what it cost

Get the eternity ring at 12 months or first baby

Location - to be unexpected, the event to be more than expected.

Flick through magazines as they come in the mail, get an idea for what she likes if you don't already know. Comment on TV commercials on the quiet.. Take notice when she points them out as you walk past jewelers (hard, I know)

Every day she looks at that ring and it's a reminder of who you are and how much you value her - Not just from a monetary POV..... Don't for one second make her think everyday you're a cheap arse thoughtless idiot who would rather spend cash on his car and flicked her a piece of sh!t to appease her...

Some things in life you won't do twice if you do it right once..

Enjoy the journey ...

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
got locations coming out of my... well you know the saying, doing europe next year, so it'll happen then. paris/london/italy/monaco GP :notsure:
looking for the ladies perspective too; would you want to be proposed to without a ring and design your own? or have one picked out for you and surprised with it??

D.) all of the above...:idunno:

My suggestion (female perspective), buy a ring you feel right with for a couple of hundred $$, to propose with, that way its still a keeper, and betchya bottom dollar she treasures it for life, then you go together to design/choose what will be the actual engagement ring, so she can also plan the matching wedding bands for "him and her" etc. (it's a whole process lol) this way you can both be in on it for choice and budget. :stirthepot:

Italy seems like a more romantic place, :clap: unless of course she is as mad on cars and racing as you are then it would be Monaco GP! (London and Paris are grubby cities)

you will probably find that the waiters or hotel staff where you are staying will be more than happy to help you set up a "surprise", and take pics for you.

When is this happening?

Should we keep an eye on the news or youtube?

  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted

nah, no oohtoob sh*t, but was thinking bout it today... her bday is literally the day that we go, like at the airport is celebrating her bday, and my bday is the last day of our cruise in EU (July6, just incase you f*ckers forget!!)

she's already asked if the shops are still open during the GP, so I guess I'm going by myself to that... *boo-freakety-hoo*

so I'm thinking that the 'prop' ring for proposal seems to be the way to go...? I'm a practised procrastinator, certified lazy f*cker, and just one scared mum-ferker when it comes to deciding on sh*t that's fixed for more than 2 years, so suits me to a T!

Honestly, has anyone had any bad experiences with not chosing your own ring? ie: "hey, how bout we do that marrying each other thang!?"

'What's that??'

"That's your pretend ring for the moment, but we get to go shopping later for your real one..."

'I'm so unimpressed it's not funny, not even funny to your car lover guys!!!!'

"I reckon they'd have a f*cken giggle or too if they knew..."

'Yeh but they don't know so, can we talk about this later?'

"Of course they don't know, coz that's... etc... and junk..."

Wow, scared now...

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted
... I'm a practised procrastinator, certified lazy f*cker, and just one scared mum-ferker when it comes to deciding on sh*t that's fixed for more than 2 years, so suits me to a T!...

hear hear !!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
I'm a practised procrastinator, certified lazy f*cker, and just one scared mum-ferker when it comes to deciding on sh*t that's fixed for more than 2 years, so suits me to a T!

Me to, In a big way. Any decision that seems a little hard or requires a certain level of commitment and I use the same answer...'I'm working on it'

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Qld
Posted

I got engaged late last year and married on the 31st May this year....being the "doesn't like to show affection" kind of guy I am, we were in the big smoke for the day doing some xmas shopping, and I simply told her to pick a ring out. She asked what kind, but she knew straight away...the rest is history I guess. She probably thought the day would never come after being together 9 years and having never really talked about it. The engagement ring cost me $4200 on special, but you know how it goes with the 3 rings...

The engagement ring, pricey but it makes them happy, so take it on the chin.

The wedding ring, usually a good day with good friends and family, so really the price shouldn't worry you there...

Its just that damn suffer-ring that comes after all that...

  • 5 months later...
  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted

So then I says to myself "How the fark do I work out her ring size?"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...