F6_jase Legacy Donating Member 322 Member For: 17y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Mooloolaba, QLD Posted 03/11/08 12:35 AM Posted 03/11/08 12:35 AM (edited) lol, I would be taking it somewhere else, if one coil was bad seems probable that another might be suss as well. By the sounds of it you know what it was like when the coil went last time and if it is similar then that's where I would start looking. I would look at taking it to elite or bpsjust a thought but I would replace the coil packs anyways, $145 for a set on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-BF-IGNITION...1742.m153.l1262can give you a hand if you are on the sunny coast, can change over the plugs in my FG in 30 minutes now Edited 03/11/08 12:47 AM by F6_jase
MikeyMike80 Member 23 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland Posted 03/11/08 01:29 AM Author Posted 03/11/08 01:29 AM Ok mate, cheers, I am on the coast, so I might give you a call.I really appreciate the offer
F6_jase Legacy Donating Member 322 Member For: 17y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Mooloolaba, QLD Posted 03/11/08 02:37 AM Posted 03/11/08 02:37 AM no worries. for that price its worth doing just to eliminate them from the equasion and get to know your way around the owner replaceable stuff under your bonnet. message me and I'll give you my number.
MikeyMike80 Member 23 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland Posted 20/11/08 01:10 AM Author Posted 20/11/08 01:10 AM Problem all sorted, as you guys thought it was either the coil packs or the plugs, so I've replaced the lot (by myself Yewww)Car is running beautifully, back with it's full 325kw...... and wants to break traction frequently again.LolThanks to all for your advice
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 20/11/08 08:34 AM Posted 20/11/08 08:34 AM did the plugs look dirty or could you see a problem with them? how was the coils could you see a problem...I checked mine out and cant see any faults but also have a similar problem...
MikeyMike80 Member 23 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland Posted 25/11/08 02:52 AM Author Posted 25/11/08 02:52 AM Couldn't really tell from looking at coil packs, but the plugs were a bit grubbyI replaced the coil packs (set of 6 for $150 via ebay) and all 6 spark plugs (set of 6 for $90)..... problem solvedI figured if I replace all coils and all plugs I should knock the problem on the head and it worked perfectly.Car is running awesome, putting the foot down feels good again! lol
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 17/02/11 03:23 PM Posted 17/02/11 03:23 PM I have this exact issue !! But I've changed plugs and coils :(
Stu c Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 7m 16d Posted 24/02/11 12:25 PM Posted 24/02/11 12:25 PM I have this exact issue !! But I've changed plugs and coils :(I have seen the same issue lossing power around 3000rpm with the wastgate actuator stuffed not working
kane_tools Legacy Donating Member 47 Member For: 16y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Coniston/Wollongong Posted 25/02/11 03:23 AM Posted 25/02/11 03:23 AM I bet it still won't rev past 3 k in neutral.
devlin New Member 1 Member For: 7y 4m 10d Posted 28/05/19 08:34 AM Posted 28/05/19 08:34 AM idk wth is wrong with my 2002 xr6 but when I got it the diff was I <3 Bananased and we put a new one in but after two weeks of driving it the clunking noise came back and evrytime I change from drive to reverse it makes a loud donk noise like it was when the diff was I <3 Bananased before and now the car wont go over 3000rpm. when it get just over 3000rpm the car starts to make the clunking noises and pulls back on power... anyone know wth needs to be done
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now