ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 4d Posted 30/10/08 11:05 AM Posted 30/10/08 11:05 AM Hi all,just wanted to find out what others have done with their airbox intake after having nizpro cooler fitted with standard crossover. I have the typhoon lower intake and the hole on the side was left open which appears to be sucking in alot of hot air from around radiator etc. I have temp blocked the side hole off and just running lower intake. Am looking at the aps lower intake as a temp (before getting stg 2 kit) as its larger and covers the side hole aswell but was after other xr6t owners experiences with the nizpro cooler kit and their airbox intake. Thanks
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/10/08 10:48 PM Posted 30/10/08 10:48 PM run a bit of 3" flexihose, pointing straight down to the ground, but not too close to the road, as it will suck up debris.I would perhaps put some small mesh in the end to prevent it from sucking up leaves, small animals etc. 1
The_Bogan Legacy Donating Member 881 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 30/10/08 11:22 PM Posted 30/10/08 11:22 PM (edited) havent had an issue running the the airbox with the hole in the side with the nizpro cooler kit, and im running the typhoon lower intake as well! car makes 333rwkw. Edited 30/10/08 11:22 PM by The_Bogan
ORSMXRT Member 167 Member For: 18y 9m 25d Posted 30/10/08 11:29 PM Posted 30/10/08 11:29 PM I had to do the same thing with my PW stage 2 kit as the piping runs in front of the block.I just screwed in a 90mm PVC cap, just leaving the Typhoon intake. Temps are no different.I wouldn't worry about it. Just cap it of and wait till you do mork intake mods.
The_Bogan Legacy Donating Member 881 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 09/07/09 08:48 AM Posted 09/07/09 08:48 AM just before the Nizpro cooler went into Elite's FG I snapped a couple of pics to show you guys the difference!was taken with my phone so excuse the quality. 1
EnricoPalazzo Member 84 Member For: 21y 1m 17d Posted 10/07/09 12:58 AM Posted 10/07/09 12:58 AM Very nice. What would everyone do first - Nizpro intercooler or Nizpro exhaust?I already have tune and v8 airbox on my fg f6.Thanks
The_Bogan Legacy Donating Member 881 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 10/07/09 08:36 AM Posted 10/07/09 08:36 AM I would personally go with the exhaust first mate!though you will need a set of injectors as well!!!
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 8m Posted 10/07/09 09:44 AM Posted 10/07/09 09:44 AM Exhaust and cooler both look friggin` epic on the FG...
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 4d Posted 11/07/09 03:21 PM Author Posted 11/07/09 03:21 PM If your after bang for buck go the exhaust first. I did the intercooler and plenum on my BA first and left the exhaust for last and found exhaust to be biggest restriction and holding everything else back. I did this as I was waiting for the nizzy 4in system but if I were to do it again I would go the exhaust first,now that its available. Either way your probably going to do both anyway.
NVYDF6 Built F6 & VE SS-V Legacy Donating Member 582 Member For: 19y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 17/07/09 12:46 AM Posted 17/07/09 12:46 AM Is the FG intercooler core the same as the BA/BF core dimension wise...and got any install/ed pics?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now